Inventory Levels for Google Product Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory Levels for Google Product Feed

We recently started submitting product feeds to Google Merchant Center in an effort to increase sales, and for the first few weeks things were going well. Then we received an email from Google telling us that our account was being suspended because 1) we had watermarks on a lot of our images, and 2) our inventory levels on the feed did not match what is on our cart. For instance, we occasionally run out of stock on an item, and the feed to Google was listing it as in-stock, when it was out-of-stock on our site.

The only effective way to handle this is to have a real-time update going to Google whenever and item's inventory status changes. Ideally, it should send an update for a product when the status changes from in-stock to out-of-stock or vice-versa. The way I understand it, the only way to handle this would be to set an automated feed up through the API. This goes beyond my level of expertise, and I was wondering if any other 3dCart users are using the API to update their Google product feeds on the fly. If so, did you set it up yourself, go through 3dCart to set it up, or go to an outside person? We have close to 800 products, and this would be too hard to keep up with manually.

Thanks for the help!

I am also setting up for a Google feed. I had no idea about the watermark issue. GAH!!!!!!!! Now I have to do a ton of photo editing on my older pics. Medication may be required. Thanks for posting this. At least I know about it before I actually try and set up my account.

I am also considering a feed service (godata). I have many one of a kind pieces as well as things that can sell out. There is no way I can keep up with stock. Hopefully someone who is using a feed service can chime in here.

Comment

Working...
    X