Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to get TheFind to automatically pull feeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walter,

Did you get it sorted out? Tab delimiter is an option on a product export, take a look at the screen shots I posted.

Comment

Yes thanks.

I suppose I was originally looking at the Category Separators, But I could swear that I was looking at the Delimiters with options of / > - before I asked, and Tab, Comma, Tilde after I asked. But I realize that's unlikely.

Thanks,
      Walter

Comment

I have to say, this is a good exercise, in that it also points out relevant attributes in my database that were never imported into 3dcart. I have to import them, in order to export to thefind, then I may as well update my item template.

All for the better.

Comment

I am curious if this will work for the new Bing Ad Center as well?

I'm uploading all my feeds manually as well, starting this weekend. $$$/months to GoDataFeed was fine at first to get rid of the headache. But then I recently downloaded the feeds being sent and was disgusted on the errors, so little data being sent and basic categorization. I spent 2 weeks manually categorizing and adding tons of missing parameters to the Google Feed and sales are up tremendously. I'm now ready to tackle all of our feeds.
          http://www.midlandhardware.com

Comment

I tried getting an automatic system to work for bing but failed. I think it was an issue with them needing a txt extension and 3dCart will only do a csv extension? I don't recall for sure. Actually I may have posted something about let me take a look. Found it:
            http://forums.3dcart.com/search-engi...ct-feed-2.html

Looks like it's the quote marks that were the issue. I couldn't find a way to remove them automatically. I've ended up using Shopping.com and set my monthly budget to $25 and that seems to have gotten me into Bing Shopping. I haven't gotten any conversions from the $$ I've spent at Shopping.com directly. I'd like to figure out a method and not pay them when Bing Shopping itself is free. Writing a script like CBSteven seems to be the way to go for several reasons but I haven't dug into it at all.

Comment

Thanks Shopguy for the info. I'll look into shopping.com
              http://www.midlandhardware.com

Comment

A little over a week ago I setup my feeds to do a scheduled fetch each day. Then on Tuesday I received another email from thefind saying my feed was old and needed to be updated. When I went into our account on thefind it showed the feed was updated the day before. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?
                Have a magical day,
                Jennifer
                www.yourwdwstore.com

Comment

We hired a contractor to program our own tool and it's finally working. Very cool and free from now on.

Comment

We have our feed setup and for a while we kept getting constant e-mails like the ones you are getting.
                    Contacting [email protected] fixed the problem, although it took a few back and forth and maybe a bit of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X