Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to get TheFind to automatically pull feeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elightbox
    replied
    We have our feed setup and for a while we kept getting constant e-mails like the ones you are getting.
    Contacting [email protected] fixed the problem, although it took a few back and forth and maybe a bit of time.

Leave a comment:

• wcsjohn
    replied
    We hired a contractor to program our own tool and it's finally working. Very cool and free from now on.

Leave a comment:

• LavMyst
    replied
    A little over a week ago I setup my feeds to do a scheduled fetch each day. Then on Tuesday I received another email from thefind saying my feed was old and needed to be updated. When I went into our account on thefind it showed the feed was updated the day before. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Leave a comment:

• midlandhardware
    replied
    Thanks Shopguy for the info. I'll look into shopping.com

Leave a comment:

• Shopguy
    replied
    I tried getting an automatic system to work for bing but failed. I think it was an issue with them needing a txt extension and 3dCart will only do a csv extension? I don't recall for sure. Actually I may have posted something about let me take a look. Found it:
    http://forums.3dcart.com/search-engi...ct-feed-2.html

Looks like it's the quote marks that were the issue. I couldn't find a way to remove them automatically. I've ended up using Shopping.com and set my monthly budget to $25 and that seems to have gotten me into Bing Shopping. I haven't gotten any conversions from the $$ I've spent at Shopping.com directly. I'd like to figure out a method and not pay them when Bing Shopping itself is free. Writing a script like CBSteven seems to be the way to go for several reasons but I haven't dug into it at all.

Leave a comment:

• midlandhardware
    replied
    I am curious if this will work for the new Bing Ad Center as well?

I'm uploading all my feeds manually as well, starting this weekend. $$$/months to GoDataFeed was fine at first to get rid of the headache. But then I recently downloaded the feeds being sent and was disgusted on the errors, so little data being sent and basic categorization. I spent 2 weeks manually categorizing and adding tons of missing parameters to the Google Feed and sales are up tremendously. I'm now ready to tackle all of our feeds.

Leave a comment:

• Instant Video Games
    replied
    I have to say, this is a good exercise, in that it also points out relevant attributes in my database that were never imported into 3dcart. I have to import them, in order to export to thefind, then I may as well update my item template.

All for the better.

Leave a comment:

• Instant Video Games
    replied
    Yes thanks.

I suppose I was originally looking at the Category Separators, But I could swear that I was looking at the Delimiters with options of / > - before I asked, and Tab, Comma, Tilde after I asked. But I realize that's unlikely.

Thanks,
    Walter

Leave a comment:

• Shopguy
    replied
    Walter,

Did you get it sorted out? Tab delimiter is an option on a product export, take a look at the screen shots I posted.

Leave a comment:

• Instant Video Games
    replied
    Wow.

I was going to proceed using / but when I went back, the options were changed to the words.

Odd.

Leave a comment:

• Instant Video Games
    replied
    Hello Shopguy, thanks for this.

What did you choose for the delimiter?

Thefind requires tab, but it appears that tab is not an option.

Thanks,
    Walter

Leave a comment:

• windycityparrot
    replied
    Google shopping

I'm curious why you left google shopping - we're paying .13 a click with a CPA of about $3.50 -

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    I use a VBScript to download product data via the 3DCart Advanced API, process it, and then write the desired product feed file. I do this for Google Shopping, PriceGrabber, Bing, TheFind, and Amazon.

Took hours to set up and requires programming ability, but it is free and endlessly flexible.

Leave a comment:

• Shopguy
    replied
    So the method I've found to exclude certain items using the scheduled export is make sure that they are rejected by the feed engine. Most of the items that I am currently trying to exclude are items that we aren't stocking yet so I just deleted the names. TheFind rejects and I'm waiting now to see what Shopping.com does but I'm confident that they will reject them too.

So what tools are others using? GoDataFeed just seems to pricey to me for what it offers.

Leave a comment:

• wcsjohn
    replied
    We're doing our own tools to manipulate the product export and send to the various places that require the feed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X