Lots of Backlinks From One Blog Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Backlinks From One Blog Bad?

So I sponsored a cooking blog that has 2800+ pages. As part of the sponsoring deal I have a link to my store on every page. My Google search queries have been pretty bad sense those backlinks started showing up. It's a legit cooking blog that has been around sense 2008 but is only PR 2.

I'm wondering if all those links from one domain are hurting me? Any thoughts?

I doubt they're hurting you, but I don't think they're benefiting you either. An outbound link on every single page of a large site isn't really a signal of relevancy. That may have been a pretty sweet deal several years ago, but I don't think it's going to have much impact on your either way at this time.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Well that's good to hear. I wasn't really expecting a SERPS boost from the links themselves (she does articles and videos for me as well). It just seemed that my search queries started falling around the same time as Google started picking up the links...

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Guess I need to keep digging and see what else may have caused it.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I thought I might jump in for anyone coming to the thread now.

Currently, you are more than likely being hurt by exact name links in great quantities coming from one website.

I'd consider asking them to be made nofollow if you haven't done so already.

Google is not only disregarding but penalizing sites now for high numbers of links coming from the same page. Since this site only has a page rank of 2, I'd have questions about whether it's worth it to maintain this relationship.

Comment

Working...
        X