Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

301 Redirects coming from BC to 3dcart where to start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 301 Redirects coming from BC to 3dcart where to start.

We had the plug pulled on our another cart site today with out warning. So before being ready I had to go live with our 3dcart store. Everything was close to being ready except getting all our URL's that we had on another cart setup here at 3dcart. I am not sure how all of this works. I am looking for some advice or a tutorial on how to get this started. We have 3600+ products so I will have to do this via CSV files. I have the product CSV files from BC which have product URLs in there. I just have no idea where i start or what to do. Our store URL is forcedfabllc.com

Thank you

Jon
    Last edited by 3dcart-Henry; 03-12-2015, 10:36 AM.

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...-301-redirects Hope this helps. Go to their Knowledgebase and you can find about everything you may have a question about there. Good pictures and shows you what to do.

Comment

i think i figured it out. I am using excel and CSV files. I am going from our product CSV downloaded from Big commerce. I am working on setting it up for an automation program i have what I am doing is i have hidden every thing in the BC CSV file except the part number and the URL. then I search the part number on our 3dcart site and copy the URL section into the redirect CSV file and then copy the URL from the BC CSV and paste it into the redirect CSV. I can setup our automation software to do all these steps and just let it run through all 3655 of our product URLS it will probably take a while, but at least i can set it and forget it.

Now my issue is that I had a 3dcart employee take a look at my files and he did one redirect for me to show me what to do. I copied his , but I think he may have done it wrong. so i edited it and saved it. Then I did a single brand last night by hand in CSV and imported it. The files took and its under my 301 section in the admin panel. how ever if i goto the old URL from BC i still get a 404 page missing it does not redirect me. Why is this?

example of our URL from BC
      http://www.forcedfabllc.com/products...-3-outlet.html

example of our URL from 3dcart
      http://www.forcedfabllc.com/Aspec-Bl...et_p_5291.html

how we setup the redirect in our CSV file based off the sample given to us by 3dcart tech support

BC URL
      products/aspec-blast-pipes-driverside-fitment-burnt-tip-304ss-3-inlet-dual-3-outlet.html

3dcart URL
      /Aspec-Blast-Pipes-Driverside-fitment-Burnt-tip-304SS-3-inlet-dual-3-outlet_p_5291.html

Notice he left off the forward slash for the BC URL, Is that an error that I should fix? as the complete URL had that forward slash, but he may have copied and pasted it missing that. I am assuming to add the forward slash so i did. The problem is that if you goto that Big commerce URL it is not redirecting.

I am really upset that I paid 3dcart for a migration and have been told that setting up the URL's and doing redirects is not part of the migration. I was told by the sales rep that sold me on this plan that they would customize all my 3dcart URLs to match my Bigcommerce URLs so that I would probably not need the 301's. how ever as soon as he took my money i never could reach him again and had to go straight to the CEO and COO to get even a response back about our migration. sine then those guys have been great, but I just want this done ASAP as I am going to lose my ass if i lose traffic.

any help would be appreciated. I will even pay someone to tackle this stuff for me! !!! so anyone who knows what they are doing name you price you may just make some money!

Comment

Ok so I went back and took out the forward slash in the old URLs

BC old URL
        products/aspec-blast-pipes-driverside-fitment-burnt-tip-304ss-3-inlet-dual-3-outlet.html

3dcart new URL
        /Aspec-Blast-Pipes-Driverside-fitment-Burnt-tip-304SS-3-inlet-dual-3-outlet_p_5291.html

That now redirects, but its landing on this page.
        http://www.forcedfabllc.com//A-spec-...g_497-3-1.html

Comment

That was his example.

I did this one last night through my CSV files.

BC old URL
          products/ccs-autoselect-2-5-blast-pipes-universal-dual-tip-rear-exhaust-section.html

3dcart new URL
          /CCS-Autoselect-25-Blast-pipes-Universal-Dual-Tip-Rear-exhaust-section-_p_8438.html

Results
          http://www.forcedfabllc.com//CCS-Aut...n-_p_8438.html

That seems to be working properly. The example I guess might be cached and that is why its acting the way it is?

Comment

Think i got it figured out. except the way the 3dcart tech set it up it created a double forward slash after the domain name. forcedfabllc.com//xxxx.html. if i remove that it only creates the one. and still works

Comment

Working...
            X