Google microdata for condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google microdata for condition

I sell new and used apparel so condition is a must for google shopping. I added the required condition attribute as a hidden extra field. This way it exports into the google feed. In the product template it looks like this:

<!--START: extra_field_1
    <div class="extra_field">
    <h4>[product_extrafield1]</h4>
    <div class="info">[extra_field_1]</div>
    <div class="clear"></div>

Now Google is giving me a warning "Missing microdata for condition" because I don't have the actual schema markup for condition on the product page in the html itself (just having it in your feed is apparently not enough). The structured data markup tool does not include condition. I checked the KB article and there is no explanation as to how to add the condition code to your page. Can anyone tell me what code I would need to add to get the extra field labeled correctly?

Thank you!
    Dana

I just noticed this error as well when I was checking out feed upload. I have nothing but new items for 99% of our catalog so I have no clue how to make this error go away. all the how to articles make no sense to me.

Comment

I have a ton of these errors too: Automatic item updates: Invalid microdata for availability information on product landing page. I am guessing it is because there are spaces in the In Stock and Out Of Stock settings. I did have a [stock] field in the in stock message so I moved that to the html itself. I don't know what exactly is causing the problem.

Comment

I have the same problem with Condition. No problem before responsive template switching. Mine is the Condition setting. In the Google feed, I have Extra_field_5, with the Alias of "Condition", and prefix as "new". Poured over the microdata stuff and it appeared I was doing things right. Right now, it's not a requirement but I had it before and would like to have it working. My Google rep referred me right back to 3dcart. So maybe together, we can figure this out.
        Last edited by Davef; 04-23-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Update: I talked with Google rep. The micro data is a problem that "they are working very hard at fixing".

Comment

So what are we supposed to do about it? or can we do anything about it?

Comment

They are aware that the microdata is a problem. However, contacting them to express your concern would be helpful. It appears that only you and I have this problem (for 3dcart customers). I think that they have a help page in which you can express your concern or initiate a chat.

Comment

I went through something similar when trying to fix the availability microdata (see this thread).

Google accepts: new, used, refurbished for item condition.
                Schema accepts: NewConditon, UsedCondition, RefurbishedCondition, and DamagedCondition for item condition.

Looking at Schema.org, why can't you just add this code:

Code:

<div class="extra_field" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer">
                <link itemprop="itemCondition" href="http://schema.org/[extra_field_1]Condition" />
                Just make sure to capitalize the condition in Extra Field One so that it's semantically correct in the Schema itemprop. Also, it's likely that the itemscope of "Offer" is already denoted in your code. In that case just make sue that the <link> line falls inside of it.
                Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

Update: Google rep worked with team. Called me and microdata issue gone. But, when I uploaded a couple of feeds, it was back. Have contacted them again.

Comment

Originally posted by TMS Clint View Post
                    I went through something similar when trying to fix the availability microdata (see this thread).

Google accepts: new, used, refurbished for item condition.
                    Schema accepts: NewConditon, UsedCondition, RefurbishedCondition, and DamagedCondition for item condition.

Looking at Schema.org, why can't you just add this code:

Code:

<div class="extra_field" itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer">
                    <link itemprop="itemCondition" href="http://schema.org/[extra_field_1]Condition" />
                    Just make sure to capitalize the condition in Extra Field One so that it's semantically correct in the Schema itemprop. Also, it's likely that the itemscope of "Offer" is already denoted in your code. In that case just make sue that the <link> line falls inside of it.
                    I received a response from Google that was completely different from the last two conversations. It was written by a someone else. They referred me to https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6069143

TMSClint:
                    Wow. That is so far above my head. Where do I place this code? When it worked before, I only had to customize the Google feed: extra_field_5, Alias=condition, prefix=new

By the way, Google said that it may be helpful to reach out to "3dcart" to learn more about microdata as well. Why isn't it already set up by 3dcart?
                    Last edited by Davef; 05-11-2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Microdata is rendered in the HTML. Changing your Google feed won't populate microdata on your page. I'm certain your microdata was never fixed.

Also, unless all of your products are new, and your [extra_field_5] is empty, then you are spitting out invalid feed data. For example, let's say that it's a used item (a value of "used" appears in your [extra_field_5]): then you're telling Google that the "Condition" is "newused."

In answer to your question, That code should replace the code you copied in the first post of this thread. Except, if you are using [extra_field_5] for availability, then use that instead of [extra_field_1] used in the example. Again, be sure to capitalize the condition in [extra_field_5].

Comment

Re-reading your original post, if you are just wanting condition to validate for you Google feed, then setting an empty [extra_field_x] up with an alias of "condition" and a prefix of "new" will work -- but only if all your products are new.

Microdata is separate from your Google feed. Use the structured data testing tool to see if you're getting microdata errors. I have a feeling you're not... at least not for condition. Possibly for "availability." As of April 20th, the default template code uses:
                        HTML Code:
                        <link itemprop="availability" href="http://schema.org/[availability_itemprop]" />
                        And [availability_itemprop] can be overwritten if you're using a custom In Stock, Out of Stock, or Backorder message.

Comment

I requested help from support concerning a microdata issue and warning from Google. Jimmy Rodriguez replied that the system automatically provides microdata. However am stil gettingh the wanings from Google but have no clue how to resolve the problem as the feeds I am uploading do provide this information that Google says is missing.

I have also enabled the Google tag manager for analytics. However when I view my live site the tag manager appears and obscurs the bottom of my pages. Google did not offer any help. Short of disabling the tag manager what do I do?

I am hoping some kind 3dcart user can gently steer me in the right direction.

Anthony
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorne View Post
                            I requested help from support concerning a microdata issue and warning from Google. Jimmy Rodriguez replied that the system automatically provides microdata. However am stil gettingh the wanings from Google but have no clue how to resolve the problem as the feeds I am uploading do provide this information that Google says is missing.

I have also enabled the Google tag manager for analytics. However when I view my live site the tag manager appears and obscurs the bottom of my pages. Google did not offer any help. Short of disabling the tag manager what do I do?

I am hoping some kind 3dcart user can gently steer me in the right direction.

Anthony
                            I don't think that the system automatically provides microdata. Otherwise, we wouldn't have this problem. According to Google, it is 3dcart's responsibility. I used an unmodified responsive template, uploaded it to test feed on google and it did not pass the test. If 3dcart provides it, there should be no error and should work in their templates. It worked before they modified the templates. Maybe templates don't have anything to do with microdata, but that's when the problem showed up - when I changed to responsive.

Comment

The system does automatically provide SOME microdata (though it does not always provide VALID microdata). However, the system DOES NOT provide microdata for PRODUCT CONDITION, which is a requirement/strong-recommendation for Google depending on your product category.

Shorne :: This thread was started in regards to microdata for product condition. Your image is too small for me to read; is that the specific piece of microdata you are looking to have on your site?

Davef :: A product feed is a separate issue from microdata, though each variable should match between the microdata and product feed and Google will let you know if they don't which is likely the error you are seeing. Your Product/Merchant feed may be fine... though it's more likely that they are both wrong. I don't want to deviate too far from the thread topic, but if you click the "Customize" button on your Google PLA page [Marketing > Shopping Engines > Google Product Listing Ads], which FIELD is listed for the "condition" ALIAS?

Comment

Working...
                              X