Deleting and Redirecting in Bulk Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting and Redirecting in Bulk Advice Needed

I found out how to mass delete, but need to find out how to do mass redirects - several hundred at a time. Is there a URL "scraper" tool for categories/manufacturers? With inventory that changes frequently, what is the best way to deal with bulk redirects?

I have been doing 301's via the CSV export function under SEO tools and redirects. I have done a thousand lately using it. I have about 1400 more to do.

what exactly are you wanting to do?

Comment

I am working with a friend on an auto parts site. There are 40K listings +/- There are complete manufacturers product lines I need to delete. Doing them one at a time is too cumbersome. I already did 250,000 when the site was moved to 3DCart, and 1K - 2K a week now. I'd like to pull all the URLs, section by section, in bulk, to redirect. There has to be an easier way!

Comment

celebra1 I move products I want to delete to a "Discontinued" category via CSV file, then search all products in that category and delete them.

Comment

Deleting is not the problem. The Knowledge Base has directions for mass deleting. Stream-lining the redirect process is my goal. I'd like a program/app that can read ALL the URL's on a page. I would transfer the data to the redirect import, minus the domain and forward slash, and assign the redirect link.

Comment

How did you re-direct mobile URL from your old site?

Comment

I have had no mobile re-directs.

Comment

Working...
              X