Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schema Pricing Warning - Anyone in the same boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schema Pricing Warning - Anyone in the same boat?

I saw on the Google Webmaster Blog on Friday, that the Structured Data Testing Tool has been improved to let you preview how your "rich cards" will show up in search. Putting a page through search brought up a warning I had not encountered before:

google_001.png

Basically, the dollar sign ($) makes the price microdata invalid. I don't know how to fix this because the listing code looks like this:

HTML Code:
    <div class="yourprice price">[product_yourprice]<span itemprop="price" id="price">[price]</span></div>
    Has anyone else encountered (and overcome) this problem?
    Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

it's a warning - you can ignore it - my developer & I vetted the issue - it's as good as it's going to get - another known bug in 3 dcart software - still pulls the items into adwords - that said you have to make sure your feed is pulling from the new REST api not the old api which has no gtin field - if youre on the new you'll want to check for proper mapping - it involves some gymnastics

Comment

You can delete the currency symbol in the store settings.

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...ed-in-my-store

If you do this you will have to remember to add it back in on all your template folders outside of the <span> tag.

Before:
      <span itemprop="price">[price]</span>

After:
      $<span itemprop="price">[price]</span>

Comment

Thanks, that worked.
        I have a question about the @id . The standard says Listing_0 which results in the date line below for every item. It does not seem right.
        @id http://xxxxxx.com/listing0

Comment

windycityparrot I want the data to be parsed by Google so that the price shows up in organic search results. All information in my ads is fine.

NMTEACO : Thank you! That worked... for everything under $1k. 3dcart includes a comma separator and that makes the data invalid again. I'll open a ticket or a UserVoice suggestion about it.

elightbox : That is a concern to me too, but I tested our competitors and found them running into a similar situation.The "id" in this case is used for styling purposes as opposed to taxonomy or categorization.

A note for anyone who wants to move the "$" to the HTML instead of the .ASP generating it, be aware that you'll have to update it in EVERY PAGE TEMPLATE IN YOUR CART. It's a tedious matter.

Comment

From 3dcart Technical Support:
            The variable that you will need in order to include the price information but does not include a comma for prices is [price_without_currency]

However, this variable will be ready for use by the end of next week, as that is when the next update will be complete throughout all merchant shopping carts.
            W00T!

Comment

Originally posted by TMS Clint View Post
              From 3dcart Technical Support:

The variable that you will need in order to include the price information but does not include a comma for prices is [price_without_currency]

However, this variable will be ready for use by the end of next week, as that is when the next update will be complete throughout all merchant shopping carts.

W00T!
              Did you implement this? If so, was it automatic, or did you have to edit all your templates? Do you know if the $ formatting error affects search engine ranking? Thanks!

Comment

I just tried this on on a category page, it did not work.

Comment

This issue is fixed on latest version of listing_0.html from common-html5 folder. if you using modified version of listing template, just copy code between these two code blocks <!--START: pricing--> <!--END: pricing--> from common template and replace it in your modified template. make sure to have backup modified version first so you can bring over any class or id that you used for styling. or you can only copy and replace <meta .................../> sections only between those two code blocks which i think will be easier.
                  tangopixel.com
                  Website Design and Development

Comment

Working...
                  X