Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart’s service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing ceo@3dcart.com so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
• Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
• While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
• Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
• Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
• Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
• We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
• Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
• Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
• Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
• We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
• We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
• Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
• You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
• You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
• We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Sudden problem with invalid images for Google

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden problem with invalid images for Google

Since 9/16/17 I am seeing issues with Google disapproving products because of invalid images. As far as I can tell there is no reason for this to be happening. When I check the individual products inside webmaster, instead of the usual product image preview square it has a gray square and says "There was an error accessing the image." When you click on the image link URL, the image is there so obviously they have the right info.

For the heck of it I did the google mobile friendly checker and one out of three times there were major errors with things loading on the homepage. The one time there were 27 items that failed to load including the images on the page. Normally I would only see one error there that has something to do with 3dcart stats. When I read up on the invalid images error, one of the reasons given was that if your images do not load or load fast enough Google invalidates the products in the feed. It is not all my products but is currently at 2% of them and growing from 7 invalids on 9/17 to 44 invalid images (from a total of 3,363 images) today. :(

Has anyone else had issues with intermittent site slowdown to the point where Google invalidates your products because the images never load recently? Trying to figure out what I can before I submit a ticket.

Thanks!
    Dana

Here are some screenshots of what the Google invalid image error looks like with the error accessing the image notice and what it looks like normally. Since I made this post there has been 4 more products disapproved. The images are there where they are supposed to be though. =(

Comment

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with a Google rep (in India) and got absolutely nowhere. He could not understand what the problem was. He told me to upload my feed again (which I did) and the issue continues. I am going to have to submit a ticket to 3dcart I guess and try Google again next week. I am now up to 63 products with the error accessing the image issue.

Would someone mind checking their Google merchant account to see if they are having a similar issue with their product feeds showing invalid images?

Comment

Still having issues. Here is a SS of the only "error" I can come up with using the google mobile checker. Why would something to do with stats cause google to have an image re-direction error on the mobile friendly test? DeanP do you think this could be causing my invalid image issues and sudden product disapprovals by Google? Writing a ticket so trying to make sense. Here's some other things showing up on google page insights too. I don't think I can fix any of these either. This is a 3dcart template.

Your page has 3 blocking script resources and 5 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
        None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
        Remove render-blocking JavaScript:[LIST][*][url]https://www.azureaster.com/

Comment

Here is my current robot.txt file which does not appear to have anything that woud hinder google from accessing any images.

Sitemap: https://www.azureaster.com/sitemap.xml

# Disallow all crawlers access to certain pages.
          User-agent: *
          Disallow: /checkout.asp
          Disallow: /add_cart.asp
          Disallow: /view_cart.asp
          Disallow: /error.asp
          Disallow: /shipquote.asp
          Disallow: /rssfeed.asp
          Disallow: /mobile/
          Disallow: /admin/

User-Agent: twengabot
          Disallow: /

User-agent: twenga2.com

User-agent: twenga.com

User-agent: Yandex

User-agent: Baiduspider
          User-agent: Baiduspider-video
          User-agent: Baiduspider-image

Comment

Admin > Marketing > Shopping Engines > scroll to bottom

Are you using Google Product Listing Ads in the lower left, or Google Product Feeds in the lower right?

I'd like to see the feed you're sending to Google. Can you PM with either a link to it or an attached copy of it?
            - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Danab View Post
              Why would something to do with stats cause google to have an image re-direction error on the mobile friendly test?
              Probably because the link in that screenshot isn't an image. In fact, it's not really anything; try visiting it.

You can try disallowing count.asp in your robots.txt. Just add it to the bottom of the existing list like so:

Code:
              # Disallow all crawlers access to certain pages.
              User-agent: *
              Disallow: /checkout.asp
              Disallow: /add_cart.asp
              Disallow: /view_cart.asp
              Disallow: /error.asp
              Disallow: /shipquote.asp
              Disallow: /rssfeed.asp
              Disallow: /mobile/
              Disallow: /admin/
              Disallow: /stats/count.asp
              or
              Disallow: /stats/
              Last edited by DeanP; 10-05-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks for responding DeanP . I sent in a ticket a few days ago and have not heard anything back yet about the image access error. I have noticed that the issue started to slowly go down in numbers though so something might have been fixed somehow. It got up to 72 products then it has very slowly gone down to 55 as of today. The last product flagged was on 10/4/17. There's 3327 products in the feed that are OK. I cannot find anything wrong with the feed for the 55 remaining items with image access errors and Google could not say why it was happening either. If I hear back from 3Dcart on my ticket then I will post if they have anything that helps.

I did find some other errors that may have occurred when my old store was cloned or it could have been from the version 8 upgrade where suddenly characters were in tab fields and some manufacturers fields (that were always blank for years) so I fixed all of those for the next feed upload. Those mystery characters in blank fields were immediately errored out when the feed was uploaded so not the same as the access image error which occurred a few weeks after the feed was uploaded. I also had the right column showing up on the site when it was hidden before and had to go back and re-check all those boxes etc. Shaun fixed another template bug for me too. So hopefully I am whittling through all the bugs.

I want to try activating AMP but am trying to get some of these mysterious things cleaned up first. My site is scoring badly in yellow at 66% for mobile users even though it is responsive so I need to do something about it.
                Last edited by Danab; 10-06-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

You may have missed my earlier post above, #6. Let me know if you want another pair of eyes to look over some things.

Comment

DeanP I will take a look at it in a bit.

3dcart finally got back to me and said "Seems like this is an Issue with your Products and the way the images are attached to the site.". All of my images are attached too the site in the same exact manner so I have no idea what he is talking about. Just now I took one of the products that has this stupid error and ran it through the mobile checker at 12:54 today. There were five page resource loading errors including the image. I ran it again at 12:55 and it was back to that one weird one with the stats showing as an image re-direct. I just want to throw vegetables at them for suggesting I purchase their shopping feed app. (like that is going to fix this problem). Screenshots attached....

Comment

DeanP I just PM'd the link to the feed as well. Thank you!

Comment

And now that same page has 30 loading errors at 1:36 .........GAHHHH!!!!!!

Comment

I wrote several responses back to you because the private messager kept truncating my message. Sorry for the mess.

Comment

Danab - I came across this and thought it may be of interest to you. Take a look:

https://3dcart.uservoice.com/forums/...image-indexing

Comment

DeanP I checked the Google index and my images are in there. I didn't check all 4K lol but they are being indexed and the products being kicked out of Google shopping are still indexed in regular Google (just not shopping). I just have a drop in my overall ranking with the name change so hopefully that picks up in the next 6 months to a year. I was migrated over to a SQL database this morning so I will see if there are any changes over the next week. I went up to 50 then back down to 47 products affected yesterday. /shakesfist. Such an annoying issue so I am crossing my fingers!

Comment

Working...
                              X