Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

AMP Warnings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMP Warnings

Is anyone else seeing this in Google's Search Console? Does anyone know how to correct it? I suspect it is a server-side issue, but I am not sure.

The tag 'amp-img' contains the attribute 'alt' repeated multiple times.
    First detected: Jun 25, 2018 Status: Warning

We see a similar message. Looking at the details:

Issue Severity Pages with issues
    1 Prohibited or invalid use of HTML Tag Critical 97
    2 Invalid CSS stylesheet Critical 56
    3 Invalid layout property found in AMP tag Critical 1
    4 Prohibited or invalid use of HTML Tag Non-critical 1,381

We submitted a ticket.
    Luxlife

Comment

The mobile code call is pulling extra alt tags on my listings. I cannot find the source. 3D tells me it's fixed. It is not. I've had sitemap issues since December. Google will only take the Google sitemap version. Bing only accepts the Schema version. My patience has been severely tested while "the experts" work on this.
      Last edited by celebra1; 07-11-2018, 07:22 PM. Reason: Fixed!

Comment

We fixed most of our issues. Our problems were the result of the corrections we made a few years ago when the WYSIWYG became unusable. We did a lot of copying and pasting from MS Word and various tools on the web that claimed to transform the text in to HTML. The text was organized and appeared the way we wanted to the customer but the html was full of garbage characters. Also, we used a lot of tables which became a problem because most of those pages are invalid for AMP. For the last two weeks, we fixed at least 2000 product pages: Many before Google posted warnings in the Search Console.We were able to act preemptively once we understood the problems.

The one issue that remains has to do with the opening post, the alt-img tag repeated multiple times. It appears to be linked to our logo--the system applies the tag to it. Perhaps, this is the problem for others too.
        Last edited by Luxlife; 07-16-2018, 04:38 PM.
        Luxlife

Comment

Luxlife - yes I am having the exact same image with the logo - multiple tat-img tag
          Sue
          Fabric Garden
          fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

As of today, we only have 8 errors. Most of the pages that had the alt=img tag issue have been fixed. We don't know how the correction occurred because we did not do it and 3dCart has not issued any public notifications or let us know via the support ticket.

There are 3 pages remaining with this error. Google classifies them as "Valid with warnings." This may be because they are in a Google cache that will update when the pages are crawled again. We think this because the more than 350 pages with this error were fixed about the same time--these remaining pages do not differ from the others in any significant way. 3dCart must have made changes to the amp tags.

It would be helpful if 3dCart would make an announcement, let all of us know what is going on.
            Luxlife

Comment

There will be release notes for 8.2 soon if anything was globally updated on our development side it will be posted within. Recently, there were only minor fixes made to merchant's reporting certain errors but nothing released to everyone yet.

Comment

As of today, all of mine are fixed too.

Comment

Working...
                X