Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Unsupported HTML tags [description] warning in Google merchant center from feed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsupported HTML tags [description] warning in Google merchant center from feed.

I just saw this new warning that popped up for pretty much all of my products in Google merchant center. It says Unsupported HTML tags [description] Has anyone else had this warning pop up? I have no idea how to fix it. The only thing that I can see is that the descriptions now have   showing up instead of spaces. But I don't know how to get that from showing up in the feed generated by 3Dcart if that is the issue.

It looks like this in the raw feed and the final attributes now:
    Pick any of these adorable stick pins for just $5.00!  Choose from an enameled bee, hand painted ceramic flower cabochon, enameled heart with tiny pearl, mesh winged butterfly and an enameled purse.   Condition:  In excellent to very good condition with some enamel loss on the little bee.

Thanks!
    Dana

P.S. I am on version 8.2.13 if that matters at all.

Comment

We are on 8.2.12 -- did not know 8.2.13 exist. We also see the same warnings in quite a number of products with extra spaces in the description.
      Luxlife

Comment

Same here. Looks like the warning for us is due to the img tag in the description, which makes sense.

Link below shows which html tags are accepted and other guidelines for the description field. Hope it helps.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324468#

Comment

So far the only thing I can see in the descriptions is the   I'm old school and I am wired to double space after a period so I think this must be something new that is coming across in the feeds for anything that has more than one space. Sucks for me since it means editing a few thousand products. /facedesk. =P I am editing some now and will see if it fixes anything the next time I generate a feed.

Comment

This is only a warning, so they should still be showing in Google shopping.

If   is the the issue, you can export the extended description, then find and replace   with nothing or a space. No reason to go through each product manually. That would be awful.

Comment

A quick search on Google indicates this may be a "bug" regarding ampersands. If so, the problem may resolve itself in a few days.

Comment

celebra1 I forgot to come back and say that the issue did resolve itself. Hooray!

Comment

Yes! See, Google does make "mistakes".

Comment

Working...
                  X