Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Structured Data for Variable Price

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Structured Data for Variable Price

    Hello,

    Can anyone help me properly set up 3dcart structured data for a variable price item?

    I have custom products with quantity discounts. I have changed the Price field display text in the Advanced tab to say "From $5 - 20" which I realize is not standard and is causing problems. I have also tried "$5.00 - $0.20" and that returns errors as well.

    If I do not change the Display Text, it validates, but it shows $5.00 as the price, which is not great for users since almost no one pays that as they are usually sold in bulk.

    Last edited by buttonmakers; 08-19-2019, 10:02 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by buttonmakers View Post
    Hello,

    Can anyone help me properly set up 3dcart structured data for a variable price item?

    I have custom products with quantity discounts. I have changed the Price field display text in the Advanced tab to say "From $5 - 20" which I realize is not standard and is causing problems. I have also tried "$5.00 - $0.20" and that returns errors as well.

    If I do not change the Display Text, it validates, but it shows $5.00 as the price, which is not great for users since almost no one pays that as they are usually sold in bulk.
    Hi buttonmakers Google is expecting a Numeric value, so you'll need to remove the display text and let the default price display. If you want to show the price range in your category page or other pages, you can use one of the product additional fields, like additional field 1, then edit the category template to display that below or instead of the price field.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post

      Hi buttonmakers Google is expecting a Numeric value, so you'll need to remove the display text and let the default price display. If you want to show the price range in your category page or other pages, you can use one of the product additional fields, like additional field 1, then edit the category template to display that below or instead of the price field.
      Hi Jimmy, Thank you for your reply. It appears to just show the highest price whenever I let it show the default price. I have seen other structured data listings that appear to show a From and To price. Is there a way to get 3dcart to show variable prices through structured data?

      The walmart listing in the screenshot on the 3dcart blog post shows multiple prices for the same product.
      https://blog.3dcart.com/structured-d...-rich-snippets

      Thanks again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by buttonmakers View Post

        The walmart listing in the screenshot on the 3dcart blog post shows multiple prices for the same product.
        https://blog.3dcart.com/structured-d...-rich-snippets
        That's a variation of the "offers" block where each product option is presented as an unique offer. If you have Advanced Options enabled for this product, then we can enable this for you.

        Comment

        Working...
        X