Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to resolve CLS issue: more than 0.1 (desktop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to resolve CLS issue: more than 0.1 (desktop)

I"m showing in Google Core Web Vitals 411 warnings that my site has CLS issues more than 0.1. How do I fix this?

3dcart doesn't have a solution yet to optimize for all of the new Core Web Vitals requirements including the content layout shift.This is a problem with all current 3dcart themes. I've already contacted them about it. Google isn't using these issues to affect search performance yet but it's something 3dcart needs to work on before 2021. To some degree Google's just raising the bar and trying to promote good web design. The fact that this is such a significant issue with 3dcart themes shows that the developers should have taken this into account in the first place. I'm not condemning them for this but I think that we all knew that having content jump around while a page loads has always been suboptimal. When 3dcart takes the core web vitals into account, we'll all need to update our templates and for anyone with custom designs, there will unfortunately be a significant cost.

Comment

Working...
    X