Cross linking 3dcart stores to increase search rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross linking 3dcart stores to increase search rankings

Would anyone be interested in providing each other with "link to" opportunities?

Everyone who posts on the forums has one or many sites and as we know; search engines look favorably upon sites that have many other site linking to them.

I propose we link to each other’s site with a little blurb about what we do (to appease the spider’s authority settings.

The page with these blurbs may be hidden from customers view and only read by Spiders.

This is a valuable service we could provide each other by simply copy and paste into a new page a link or two. This is the same thing a monthly SEO "company" often does; only it would be for no charge to those who participate.

I believe this is acceptable by Google’s rules. I have begun this program with others in my business groups and it is beginning to show a reward.

Let me know what you think.

All the Best,
    John Watkins
    AirBears and Company
    www.BalloonArtGifts.com

I'm interested if we have enough participants. Do you have an example?
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Meta Tags info could be used as the blurb for your link

An example of the blurb?

Your blurb talks about your site and what it provides while infusing your blurb with your most important keywords. This shows the spider that the link which is supplied is surrounded by relavent text.

Many of us have already done this in our Meta Tag wizard entries. You may copy and paste these meta descriptions with link into a back page.

An example of growth? www.ExtremeBalloonTeam.com

The site I have started this with has moved up in the rankings by aprox 25% in 3 weeks with 24 participants.

Each keyword has it's own demand and competition for ranking; so, results will vary. At the least it is free promotion, at the most it is a chance to send business everyone's way.

Comment

So you just make a links page that you hide in 3dCart? Sounds easy enough to me. Let's see who else is interested.
        C Ekman
        Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
        http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

I'm interested but who will want to link to a sex shop?

Comment

I'm interested also!! I am always looking for ways to move up in search engine ranking. Sounds like a great idea. Any response from the seo guru's?

Comment

My understanding is link sharing must be for relevant links. From what I gather, content should be similar..

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                My understanding is link sharing must be for relevant links. From what I gather, content should be similar..
                I am sort of under this understanding as well, and yet why would you want to share links with someone with similar content...aren't these people your competitors?!

This area is so not my thing.

Comment

I know. Catch 22.
                  From my limited knowledge, it is the "quality" of backlinks that make them important in the realm of SEO. Dropping links to your site all over the web, from what I understand, does little. I really don't understand how it all works, but, apparently there is constantly changing views on the subject. Getting listed in DMOZ, I thought, helped my site, however, now adays, I'm not so sure. That directory is just copied by all the other directories. I've tried to link to my site from blogs and what have you and I am trying to have "fresh" content with links to my site. Not sure if this will help or hurt. Organic discovery in SEO I'm led to believe has greater importance. Anyone want to offer SEO insight? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by thedancingdaisy View Post
                    I am sort of under this understanding as well, and yet why would you want to share links with someone with similar content...aren't these people your competitors?!
                    I certainly don't consider myself an SEO expert, but it's also my understanding that the best scenario as far as sharing links is to get links from sites with related content...

So for instance, let's say you have a wedding photography website. Some good sites to get links from and to would be those offering bridal gowns, wedding invitations, honeymoon destination spots, wedding planners, etc... All of these types of sites would have related content to what's on (or should be on) your site.

When the search engines visit those links from your wedding photography site and scan the pages - they'll "read" all sorts of content that's related to yours. Alternatively, if you have these type of sites with related content linking to you, it helps build your PR ranking or "expert" status with the search engines - particularly if the sites linking to you have a good PR ranking.

Comment

have a site that is currently PR4 on the homepage. if anyone has a site with decent page rank that would like to trade, please PM me.

Comment

Working...
                      X