Can anyone recommend a directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend a directory?

DMOZ has fallen by the wayside due to non-existent editors , can anyone recommend a like directory that other's use?

Anyone?
    DMOZ, being a volunteer directory, is 20th century. Does anyone know of indexed directories that actually accept submissions and are designed for the 21st century? :confused:
    In the last few years, DMOZ has lost it's editorial staff for many of it's subject categories......your submission could go in hold for YEARS! :rolleyes:
    They ask for submissions, yet don't act upon them.
    I would like to submitt to a directory that really is interested in providing a comprehensive, valuable and up-to-date resource for finding products and services.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Comment

Everything I read still suggests DMOZ. I am with you though...I have submited several times in the last 2 years and have heard nothing, and have not been posted either.

Comment

It's just frustrating how they claim to be a service, yet, they have no editors for TONS of categories and have dead, longtime dead, links and such, refuse to respond to inquiry, positive or negative. It was a worthy effort, but, comeon! It's 1990's technology...:rolleyes:

Comment

I still am researching the validity of a directory on the web that search engines will use.
          It really is frustrating that the DMOZ effort (while a valiant and noble effort) has been abandoned and is obsolete. :rolleyes:

Does Google and other engines still criditbility of this directory? :eek:
          Last edited by Mark; 10-16-2008, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Yahoo has a directory. It's $299 a year, and I believe they pick and choose who they allow on it, depsite paying.

Comment

despite paying?
              wow...:(

Comment

My understanding is that if you aren't allowed, you get your money back. Although I don't know this for sure. It has been awhile since I read up on that part.

Comment

submission to dmoz

Just wanted to let you know that submitnet.net submits my sites to search engines once per month. dmoz is listed as one of the directories. you can be an editor and then submit your own site. I have chosen to let submitnet.net handle this for me. it only costs about 25-35.00 per month and in the last 3 months i have been using them my site is moving up the ranks. thx, wabbster

Comment

dmoz

of more importance though it is recommended not to post your site more than once and it does take at least 6 months for an editor to look at your submission.
                    a publicity stunt will get better results.
                    thx,wabbster

Comment

Here's a forum with alot of SEO hints, etc. I haven't had the time to visit it lately, but there are alot of directories to get links out there for some PR love.

Go to http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Comment

Thanks,

I'll check it out.
                        Do you know if Google uses any of those for rank?

Comment

Yes, they do. Most of the people that belong to the DigitalPoint forum are avid SEO'ers. I used the directories listed to build the rank for my website for the first couple of years I owned the domain. I am now listed on page 1 or 2 for many of my keywords. I learned a great deal on how to gain on the SERPs from DP!

Comment

link is dead tonight....:(

Comment

link is working now...:)

Comment

Working...
                              X