G Base/ Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Base/ Shopping

I used to be able to have Google recognize the base file on my site. It now won't- I have to manually upload each time. Error:

Errors:
    Error Bad data Line #
    We didn't understand the header (first) row of your file. Please make sure you're using valid attribute names. help

We didn't understand the header (first) row of your file. Please make sure you're using valid attribute names. help

link,title,

Anyone?

I created a custom export for Google Base and ran into this. The problem may be that the first line of a CSV file CANNOT read "ID", however, it CAN read "id" in lower case. I know, its dumb, but true.

Check that and see what happens.
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

Comment

I had the same problem and was able to find this and it fixed it. 3dcart might also want to note that this page does NOT come up if you search the knowledge base for Google Base yet it does show up as a suggested problem when trying to submit a ticket.

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=273
      Nathan
      www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

I re-read your origoinal post. Do I understand you correctly to say that Google would ready a file on the server and update the pricing, shipping, quantities, etc automatically without you having to upload a file to google base?

That would be incredible!
        www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

Comment

There used to be an option to upload your file directly to Google. That stopped working about a year ago. Has that been fixed? We have been uploading our file manually from within our base account.
          www.concession-supply.com

Comment

I had a similar problem and put in a ticket to 3dcart. The problem was fixed very quickly. Your problem looks similar to mine (link,title) ect.

The feed generated using 3dcart export tool was generating a comma delineated file instead of a tab delineated file.

I noticed the problem with the commas as I have another 3dcart store and the feed looked very different.

Comment

Working...
            X