PCI Scanning Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI Scanning Companies

Is anyone using a site scanning company other than the McAfee? To display the seal on the site, McAfee quoted me a price just short of $1000. If you use someone else, who do you use?

All 3dCart accounts come with free, quarterly PCI scans which allows you to offer the best payment services to your customers.

http://www.3dcart.com/pci-compliance.html

Comment

I guess the thing I was trying to ask was, any logos or something to make your customers to feel safe and secure? Build consumer confidence?

Comment

What about?

http://www.trust-guard.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
          I guess the thing I was trying to ask was, any logos or something to make your customers to feel safe and secure? Build consumer confidence?

I would recommend getting a premium SSL. We provide these for 199 a year and this would give you a nice shiny clickable seal that will give your visitors the warm and fuzzies.

Comment

Control Scan:

I got them down to $300 annually, I think they try to get you to sign up for $1200. I just kept the guy on the phone and kept waffling, then I told him exactly what I would pay for the service.

Caveat: Unless your sales are over $100,000 annually, I don't think a Control Scan seal will make much of a positive impact on your bottom line. I'm not impressed with these security products.

Basically, if your site is secure enough to satisfy the credit card companies, you are doing enough.

Comment

it's crazy what mcafee charges. they tried to charge us 2700 and then when we called to complain they said that they could bring it down to 1500! what kind of business practice is that?!! we're not impressed with mcafee right now to say the least. we feel a bit taken advantage of by them! :mad:
              (¯`v´¯)
              `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
              (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
              * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
              www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
              www.Trailer-Wheels.com
              www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Originally posted by wordtrey View Post
                I got them down to $300 annually, I think they try to get you to sign up for $1200. I just kept the guy on the phone and kept waffling, then I told him exactly what I would pay for the service.

Caveat: Unless your sales are over $100,000 annually, I don't think a Control Scan seal will make much of a positive impact on your bottom line. I'm not impressed with these security products.

Basically, if your site is secure enough to satisfy the credit card companies, you are doing enough.

I had a Control Scan Credit. They don't do refunds so I either had to use them or let it fade off into the sunset. I doubt I'll renew. I think if McAfee went back to using the name Hacker Safe, it would be a BIG plus. But they think McAfee makes everybody feel safe. I think it sounds like an anti-virus company, not the other thing.

Comment

And of course, the seals are about building consumer relationships. Have to make the consumer feel safe.

Comment

Working...
                  X