Order Management - Not SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Management - Not SE

Does anyone know of a order managment system that works well and isn't Stone Edge?

What I need:
    1)Inventory Management - SE is not accurate
    2)Web Integration - with 3dCart (multiple sites)
    3)Worldship and Dazzle Integration
    4)Customer Management
    5)DropShip Functionality - For both customers that I drop ship for, and vendors that drop ship for me
    6)Manual Order Entry - Phone and Fax orders
    7)Basic Billing - Quickbook integration
    8)Basic statistic reporting
    9)Good, responsive customer support.

Or am I stuck with Stone Edge?

Thanks!

May I ask what you find lacking about StoneEdge? In my current (pre 3DC) site I use a custom-made filemaker solution which is kinda rickety but works for our needs. I am planning to try to use 3DC's built in order manager stuff, or at least try to, when we launch the site, because the web back-end is far superior to our current site. If it isn't efficient enough I was going to evaluate SEOM or look into doing another custom solution.
    Have you tried OrderMotion?

Comment

It doesn't keep an accurate inventory.

The workflow is horrible. Bad UI design.

Customer service is severely lacking.

Don't get me wrong. It is not bad, as long as you can over look the above, and are comfortable with funky workarounds, it provides a lot of functionality.
      My business is much more efficient because of it, but it could be sooooooo much better.

It is kind of like a house that was built one room at a time. Like a Dr. Suess house.

http://www.danheller.com/images/Unit...-house-big.jpg

Comment

Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you--we couldn't live without it, and it tracks our inventory very accurately.

Comment

I didn't say it didn't work, it is necessary for our business, also.

It works, but it can be very frustrating. It could be WAY better.

I am looking for other options. When I bought the program, 5 years ago, I knew it wasn't perfect (and I am not expecting perfection), and there were not any other options that were better.

I imagine, that 5 years later, with the continued explosion of the internet and internet based businesses, that there are other newer options. Hence, my post.

Comment

I don't use stone edge but I have investigated it quite a bit. Have you upgraded to the more recent versions? I know they have made big changes to the UI and the program overall so it might solve some of the issues you have.
            Nathan
            www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Originally posted by yourcablestore.com View Post
              I don't use stone edge but I have investigated it quite a bit. Have you upgraded to the more recent versions? I know they have made big changes to the UI and the program overall so it might solve some of the issues you have.
              Is SToneedge a program or app that acts as a connector to 3dcart. brings the orders into quickbooks. manages the cc payment reconciliation, etc. we are 2 week newb's at edcart and are using thub at present and am not happy. is stoneedge the product i am severly needing.

Rick in FL. thanks

Comment

It isn't an app--it's a stand alone program that works with many different carts, including 3dCart.

Comment

Stone Edge at their site has a video that explains what the program does. Its the back end that gives you a huge amount of functionality for purchasing, receiving, inventory management, drop shipping, and shipping. They have a version based on Access as well as one based on SQL. The program runs on a local computer on your network. It can also interface to Quickbooks.

I have not bought it yet, but I am thinking hard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by rrw View Post
                    Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you--we couldn't live without it, and it tracks our inventory very accurately.
                    Agree with rrw, our inventory levels are extremely accurate with StoneEdge, AS LONG AS we remember to input damaged items, returns, etc. We couldn't run our business without it.

Comment

Hi SuperDetail, Just FYI. We at Ordoro released our integration for 3dcart last week. Ordoro is a fully web-based order manager, inventory manager and includes built-in support for Amazon market place too. It has most of the features you have described in your original post!

Comment

Regarding Ordoro

Ordoro seems interesting, however, in reviewing it does not appear that you focus on the accounting. As someone who used to provide full consulting services to SMB, I can assure everyone that the biggest need for SMB is efficient accounting. In a previous business I used Mail Order Manager to unbelievable effect: hundreds of orders per day and just a six line entry into QB. Most SMB have no idea that their most brilliant efficiencies will lie in effective bookkeeping and bill tracking. The managers just waste so much time on bookkeeping it is insane. If you want a brilliant solution than you need to have a strong focus on the daily settlements and G/J batch export to QB. You may also need to educate your customers on what they need. There is not a single order manager that features a series of best practices for various types of businesses. A wide open opportunity.

Comment

@freakish. Thank you for the detailed feedback. Currently, Ordoro has a few reports related to sales, inventory, low-stock alerts etc. Our approach towards accounting is to let users export all data into spreadsheets and manipulate it there, or to import it into QB. But one area we are working on (based on customer feedback) is to improve the accounting features. While our current reports (like low-stock-alerts) let the merchants keep track of their inventory levels, we are planning to add more reports to the dashboard that will give better visibility into the overall business. Thank you once again for your detailed input.

Comment

Working...
                          X