Stone Edge 10th Anniversary Celebration & Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Edge 10th Anniversary Celebration & Discounts

Stone Edge Technologies is celebating the 10th anniversary of the Stone Edge Order Manager this month with 10% discounts on all versions of the Order Manager. Read about it at http://tinyurl.com/yf79khc

Hmm, intriguing.
    Anyone here an SEOM manager? I've heard good things, just the high cost of entry has kinda kept us away. I was thinking about trying the 3DC backend as an order manager when my site launches this month. Current site uses a custom filemaker solution which I have no intention of rebuilding so it is 3DC compatible. It isn't PCI compliant anyway.
    And yes Barney, I know there is a 30 day money back guarantee. :)

Comment

Hello,

The SEOM discount has made us think seriously about the purchase. I have been to their website, read their forums and talked to friends who use their software. SEOM seems to do so much that we are still having a difficult time trying to quantify how it will help our operations to justify its cost.

Can some SEOM users please share their experience of before and after SEOM or relate the gains in productivity SEOM helped achieve?

About us: we do about 20 orders a day via 3dcart, export orders to ShipRush for processing and then manually bring tracking info back into 3dcart.

Thanks in advance
      John

www.cutncrop.com

Comment

CutNCrop, Just a friendly FYI

We get a security error when viewing your site.
        Page 2 of the image slideshow is pointing to your previous store.
        I use IE 7.0 and the error occurs on your home page.

hope this helps
        Last edited by Mark; 02-13-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onfam View Post
          Hello,

About us: we do about 20 orders a day via 3dcart, export orders to ShipRush for processing and then manually bring tracking info back into 3dcart.

Thanks in advance
          John

www.cutncrop.com
          We are at a similar level of orders, with maybe 50 per day during busy times.

We used to use Quickbooks, Shiprush and another cart. With that setup, one person (me) was pretty much pegged with 20 orders going out. Importing took 1/2 hour of tinkering. Shipping needed to be started at 2pm or so to make sure it got done by 4pm when they pick up.

We also spent a lot of time Fielding phone calls/emails for tracking info and actual phone orders were taken by hand and entered later.

With SE, we import several times a day, just because we can. :) Takes less than a minute to do so. Most days, we don't even start shipping until 3 or 3:30 because it processes that much faster. I have another person doing shipping now, but even when it was just me, 20 orders a day became very easy to process. I have done 50 by myself before.

Phone calls/e mails for tracking info are very rare because 3d is up to date (we also use the SE order status system). Phone orders are done directly into SE, which also has the inventory info in it.

SE also gives us a central place for orders from other channels (eBay, etc) so those customers get emails, status updates, tracking, etc.

Inventory control and ordering are much, much, much better than we had with QB. Just being able to set target levels for items is huge for us. We don't even use 1/2 the power available in the PO system for auto ordering. Drop ships are amazingly easy.

Because of the flexibility, initial setup of SE is very involved. There are a lot of options to work through and that takes time and experimentation.

But, IMO, for relatively small price, SE is well worth it. I am sure there are other packages with similar features worth looking into as well.

It sounds like a buzzword, but IMO, it would be hard to move to the next level in sales without some sort of dedicated order management software/system. Having been through the downfall of MonsterCommerce, I would be pretty nervous to have my order management tied to my cart. If you decided to move, not only would you have to re-do the cart which is bad enough, but you would have to re-do your "back office" too.

HTH,

DaveW

Comment

Interesting post.

I still have not decided what I am going to do about order processing with 3DCart. I currently use a bicycle-industry-specific cart, and I custom built a desktop app using FileMaker to pull in orders and allow us to take phone orders and export shipping labels and receipts. We do between 25-100 orders per day depending on the day of the week.

Just poking around the 3DC administrative website, it SEEMS like it might be sufficient for order processing. I will have to use it in a live situation to know for sure, but the phone order entry system seems robust, it has the email stuff built in, and it looks like you can pretty easily export pending orders in mass for use in UPS Worldship.

Any thoughts on using the 3DC admin website for processing that amount of orders?

Comment

Having been through the downfall of MonsterCommerce, I would be pretty nervous to have my order management tied to my cart. If you decided to move, not only would you have to re-do the cart which is bad enough, but you would have to re-do your "back office" too.
              Well, you have my thoughts. :)

I would be very reluctant to build my back office around a cart at this level. Though, I have had contact with another company that uses Netsuite for everything and that is pretty slick. But, that company is 12 times the size of mine, has 6 or 7 online stores, etc and Netsuite is pretty high end compared to what I pay for 3d. :)

DaveW

Comment

Mark- thanks for the heads up on the security warning - should be fixed now.

Everyone - we are currently using just the 3dcart backend for order management and it seems to work at the level we are at now. But I don't know if it would scale. I know SEOM scales, so I just have find the point where jumping up (price and config time) makes sense.

Anyone else have any thoughts, especially on using SEOM with other sales channels like eBay or Amazon. We sell on both and keeping eBay or Amazon from overselling our inventory is tough. Anyone have any tricks on using 3dcart, Amazon and eBay together.

Thanks again
                John

Comment

"should be fixed now."

Yep! :)

Comment

We've had SEOM since September of 08, and there is absolutely no way we could have handled the growth we have had without it.

When we started with SEOM, we were processing about 30-40 orders per day, and maybe 60-80 per day during busy season. During October of last year, we averaged over 150 orders per day, with peak days ranging between 180-240. In December, we averaged about 175 orders a day, and our peak days ranged from 300 orders to 400 orders (with one day of 430 orders). We have one person handling shipping, and he doesn't need help until he hits about 150-175 orders a day. As it was, even on our really heavy days during December, we only needed a second person the whole shift, and an extra person for a few hours to help.

It would have been impossible to handle this much volume without a system such as stone edge.

Here's a few key things to think of:

1. If you plan on managing marketplaces (ebay, amazon, etc) along with multiple websites, you need a centralized inventory and shipping system to handle this. SEOM does this.

2. SEOM will streamline your purchase order system.

3. If you do plan on scaling your business up, you need a system that can grow with you. SEOM can do that.

4. There are any ways you can customize SEOM. Since it is relatively open book, you can hire a coder to code nearly anything you want done. It's not like 3dCart where you are really tied to a developer.

Now, a few 'bad' things..

1. The program can be overwhelming. There is so much to learn with the program, so there is a steep learning curve. A year and a half later, we're still not experts.

2. You WILL run into bugs with the software. In general, they put out beta releases every couple months, with a 'stable release' something like once a year or so. You will notice that they will come out with great new features in the beta releases. It makes you want to take the beta jump. Just understand when you do so, you WILL encounter problems. Expect to have support calls open for problems you'll run into. In a lot of cases, the difference between the beta version and the 'stable' version are light years apart.

3. As Stone Edge has gained more customers, the support calls on their side has gotten heavier. This has caused the wait times for support to go up. If it is a really urgent issue to your business, they do generally try to get to you ASAP. However, in a case where you are having an importing problem - and you literally can't process orders for the day until it's fixed - you want it fixed NOW. We've had cases where we would run into an issue at 9am on importing orders. We wouldn't receive a call back until 2-3pm in the afternoon. Decent response time, but when you have an employee on payroll from 9-2 not being able to do their job - it's time and money wasted.

4. Some suggestions, bugs, fixes, etc can sometimes take a LONG time to be done. If you comb their forums, you'll notice there are many cases where a good suggestion was given...it was responded with 'it's on our list, and should be completed within the next beta cycle'...and yet 2 years later it's still not implemented. Now, the developers really don't even comment on when stuff is going to be done because it notoriously takes forever for those things to be done.

I hope this info helps..

Comment

StoneEdge has been the best investment we have made to date in our business. If you are processing more than 20 orders a day it will pay dividends. We waited until we were averaging about 35 from our single web site a day and pulling our hair out. Now we do 50 - 75 on a slow day from 3 seperate web sites with ease. Bite the bullet and go for it. You will be glad that you did.
                      Steve Teske
                      Director of eCommerce
                      Hogan Walker LLC
                      www.GreenFunStore.com
                      www.GreenPartStore.com
                      www.FarmFunStore.com
                      www.HoganWalker.com

Comment

We are kinda interested, but, it would have to be compatible with UPS online shipping, UPS worldship and Elavon Credit Card Gateway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                          We are kinda interested, but, it would have to be compatible with UPS online shipping, UPS worldship and Elavon Credit Card Gateway.
                          The Stone Edge Order Manager has built-in shipping capabilities for UPS, Fedex and USPS (USPS is via Endicia). Most of our users will use those instead of Worldship. However, you can also use Worldship if that is what you prefer. We do not currently support Elavon, but we do support about a dozen other gateways. Details at http://www.stoneedge.com/main/order-...rd-processing/

Comment

Recently, UPS has changed it's "daily pickup" terms and services. Now there is daily pickup, smartpickup, on-demand, on-route and green and other pickup options, and, as far as I can tell, those only work with Worldship or online UPS services. That's why I was asking. Thanks for the quick reponse! :)

Comment

Working...
                            X