Zoomify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoomify

Are any of you using it? If so, can you please provide a link to your website, I'd love to see it in action.

What is everyone's general consensus on it?

Thanks!

Originally posted by inspironbattery View Post
    Are any of you using it? If so, can you please provide a link to your website, I'd love to see it in action.

What is everyone's general consensus on it?

Thanks!
    We use it, and like it a lot. It is especially useful for zooming in on part numbers or connectors. It has significantly decreased the number of requests for closeup pictures.

Here is a link to a sample product: http://www.stsi.com/afc0912de.html Click on the large picture of the fan at the left to activate zoomify.
    www.stsi.com
    Network Infrastructure and Fiber Optics (AMP/Tyco, APC, Belden, Corning, Hubbell, Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit), Audio, Computer, and Video Cables, and much more!

Comment

We just started using it and although I do like the feature I want to see how this is going to affect my bandwidth. I am already struggling to not max out every month before the implementation of zoomify. :(

here: http://www.sweetsoles.com/Lelli-Kell...1_p_1075.html#

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
        We just started using it and although I do like the feature I want to see how this is going to affect my bandwidth. I am already struggling to not max out every month before the implementation of zoomify. :(
        Yes, bandwidth can definitely be impacted by Zoomify. We were also running right up to the bandwidth edge every month. We ended up moving to a plan with more bandwidth and more hard drive space. It was worth it, though. The speed difference was pretty dramatic. (The store is MUCH faster than it used to be...)
        www.stsi.com
        Network Infrastructure and Fiber Optics (AMP/Tyco, APC, Belden, Corning, Hubbell, Leviton, Ortronics, Panduit), Audio, Computer, and Video Cables, and much more!

Comment

Craig60,

Can I ask what plan you moved too? I am already at the Standard Plus Plan at 99.99/mo with the 15GB bandwidth. I only have about 650 items and barely using any disk space but every monthly I am still over the 15GB. That seems like alot. The kicker is our site is extremely slow and have seen over 50% less traffic from this same time last year. So when things do pick up like they were before I'm afraid I will go waaayyy over. I came from a shopping cart that I didn't have to worry about bandwidth and I'm frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
            Craig60,

Can I ask what plan you moved too? I am already at the Standard Plus Plan at 99.99/mo with the 15GB bandwidth. I only have about 650 items and barely using any disk space but every monthly I am still over the 15GB. That seems like alot. The kicker is our site is extremely slow and have seen over 50% less traffic from this same time last year. So when things do pick up like they were before I'm afraid I will go waaayyy over. I came from a shopping cart that I didn't have to worry about bandwidth and I'm frustrated.
            Sean,

We were also set up with the Standard Plus plan when we first started. We switched over to the Semi-Dedicated plan. It costs twice as much, but it has four times the bandwidth allocation. Yes, I was frustrated with the bandwidth (and hard drive space) issues as well. Our old host(s) didn't have limits on either one.

Craig
            www.stsi.com

Comment

How/Where do you enable zoomify?

Comment

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
                How/Where do you enable zoomify?
                Basically, you just upload a high resolution image (with the same filename as your product) into the /web/assets/zoomify/ directory, and that's it.

There is a tutorial here: https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...nloaditemid=30
                www.stsi.com

Comment

Working...
                X