Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickbooks and Customer Groups

Hi all,
    So here is my scenario. We use QB for our wholesale orders/customers and 3dCart for our online orders/customers.
    Currently when I import into QB, the 3dcart customers end up mixed in with our wholesale cusomters and makes it a PITA when it comes time to send out emails to just our wholesalers. Is there a way to setup/tell QB that when I import 3dcart info to put it into a separate group?

Thanks in advance,
    Jesse

Originally posted by ssretail View Post
    Hi all,
    So here is my scenario. We use QB for our wholesale orders/customers and 3dCart for our online orders/customers.
    Currently when I import into QB, the 3dcart customers end up mixed in with our wholesale cusomters and makes it a PITA when it comes time to send out emails to just our wholesalers. Is there a way to setup/tell QB that when I import 3dcart info to put it into a separate group?

Thanks in advance,
    Jesse

Did you ever get an answer to this? before I set up a customer who I am proposing 3DCart to also uses quickbooks I would also like to know this answer.

Thanks
    Want 1000 Facebook Likes or Shares? G+1? Tweets? 3Dcart Design and Tweaking - Product Data Solutions - Custom Excel Upload Sheets - SEO Services - FREE Blog Hosting.

Comment

You might try investigating "Classes" in QB. I know you can separate your expenses and such using classes, but I have no clue whether it will separate things enough to do what you're wanting to do. Here's the definition of classes from my version of QB's help file:

"In QuickBooks, classes give you a way to classify your transactions. You can use QuickBooks classes to classify your income and expenses by department, business office or location, separate properties you own, or any other meaningful breakdown of the business you do.

For example, if you had a restaurant with three locations, you might create an Uptown, a Midtown, and a Downtown class for tracking income and expenses by location. A farmer might create a class for each enterprise-for example, "Corn," "Hogs," and "Soybeans." At the end of an accounting period, you could create separate reports for each restaurant location. Likewise, the farmer could create separate reports for each farm enterprise.

The classes you create appear on your Class list. The "Use class tracking" preference in the Accounting Preferences window adds a Class field to windows where you enter invoices, checks, bills, credit card charges, or other transactions."

Comment

Working...
      X