SSL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL question

We currently have our SSL through godaddy.com, and are considering buying from 3dcart this year. Any feedback on others who have switched over to the 3dcart SSL?

We use the GeoTrust SSL offered through 3dCart and have had no problems with it.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Another one using the GeoTrust SSL offered through 3dC and haven't had any problems.

Comment

I was going to go with an EV SSL via Godaddy $99.99 (Green Bar). I had to call tech support to see about a CSR & then I find out I have to purchase a CSR for another $99.00.

Renewal is at the end of the month, got some serious thinking to do...

Comment

If we choose one of the SSL's from 3dCart, do we still have to purchase the $99 CSR? If not, I'll probably go with the QuickSSL. Haven't seen enough evidence that the next step up increases the sales to justify the additional price.

Comment

No, the CSR/$99 is only if you want to purchase a SSL elsewhere and bring it to 3d. Somewhere I saw a fee of $45, but I guess they jacked it up. Kind of aggravates me.

Comment

We still get a security warning on our android phones when visiting our stores using the geotrust cert. We have the quickssl premium I wouldn't use any of the geotrust certs again.

Comment

hmmm . . . good to know! Thanks for the heads up. We've been with godaddy.com for about 7 years now, no problems at all, so I think we may stick with them.

Comment

I've had Geotrust over the last year and never a problem. I also use an Android phone & I don't see any security warnings at my site.

Comment

What version of android do you have? We would like to pinpoint the problem. We see the issue on all 4 of our stores.

Comment

2.2.2 on the 1st gen original Droid.

Comment

Just FYI, we ended up going with the GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium--no problems that we've noted. It was cheaper and easier just to go with that one, and happy so far. :)

Comment

I have Droid X with version 2.2.1 on it. Maybe I need to upgrade to 2.2.2 ?!?

Comment

Have you tried clearing the cache on your phone's browser? That might help too.

Comment

Thanks piaf. I have tried that several times to no avail. I am glad that others are not having the warnings with their phones. We did have a customer call about a month ago and complain that he got the security warning so I know it is not just my phone, but maybe it is just a specific version of android and eventually it will be upgraded and all resolve.

Comment

Working...
                              X