Email Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Program

Can anyone recommend an email program that works well with 3D Cart? Smarter Mail just isnt working, its slow, often doesnt even load and the search feature doe not work - third email down is from someone named Tammy. I search the word Tammy and it says nothing found!?? Quite possibly the worst email program I have ever used and I dont understand why 3D Cart uses such a lousy program.

Any decent alternatives?????

Well, I just use my normal Apple mail app to access it and it seems ok apart from the fact that 3DCart mail is slower (getting mail from the system) than molasses in January to begin with. ;)

Comment

Still a big Google Apps cheerleader here. Love the program, Gmail is WONDERFUL and it's FREE! Google Apps helps groups build communities ? Google Apps Oh, and you CAN use your own domain for your emails.

Comment

Piaf, do you have a site stating how to start using google apps for email? What is the best way to do a switch over without losing emails or downtime?

Comment

No, I don't have a site with instructions for starting Google Apps. I did this for our business domains (and personal ones too) years and years ago, when Google Apps first came out, so I honestly don't remember the steps I took to start it up. I think I just followed the instructions Google provides. At the link I provided earlier in this thread, click on the Get Started link near the top, then choose the FAQs or the Deployment Resources for additional info.

I know there have been some 3dCart users who have switched over to Google Apps email in the past 6 months - year time frame, so maybe they'll post with more info on how they got it all set up. I know you have to change your email settings on your domain to point to the Google servers, so that'll be something you'll need 3dCart to do for you via a support ticket.

Comment

I switched over to Google Apps several years ago for email and we are all extremely happy with the service.

You just need whoever your domain registrar is to update the MX records for your domain to point to google.

Here are basic instructions:
            Small Business Resources - Deploy Google Apps
            Chris
            TC Life Safety
            TC Wireless

Comment

Thanks for the help. Are you using the free or paid version?

Comment

I'm using the free version - really no need to go to the paid plan for me, but your situation may be different.
                Chris
                TC Life Safety
                TC Wireless

Comment

Free version here too.

Comment

Free Version

We also use the Free Version for 5 of our domains and we are very pleased. The switch over happened without a hitch. Just make sure you set up an [email protected][yoururl.com] account because you will need it for renewing ssl certs.

Comment

Working...
                    X