Printing Postage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Postage

I know this has been discussed before and I apologize but what service are you using to print postage? Does it integrate at all with 3dc?

I'm tired of not having this available in the 21st century and copying and pasting into the USPS. I could have used USPS integration more than some of the other features in V4 guys... Sorry, its late and I'm tired.

John at The G1

Postage Integration

We use shipworks with stamps.com and it's quick, easy and seamless. If I remember correctly we did have to tweak a setting or two, but after that it's been a breeze. We just download the orders into SW, process and print the postage and SW automatically updates the status of the order back in 3d.

While SW isn't perfect, we've been using it for 5+ years now and I can tell you that there's simply no one better out there (we've looked).

Hope this helps.
    Keith

Comment

I've been using Endicia for a year and love it. Just download the orders to the computer withe Endicia installed, weigh the package and print the postage. It works great on international orders as well, printing all the customs forms. It was a little confusing setting it up on the computer, particularly with Windows 7, but once it was running, it was sweet.

Steve

Comment

Thank you very much! I'll look at both...

Comment

We also use Endicia, and while it is a little bit of a pain to set up and create the labels the way we want, it does work well now. We have it set up now so that our domestic labels all print from the same thermal label printer we use for UPS Worldship, which makes it really easy. Tracking info is easy to post back as well.
          Laura Z
          Brass & Silver Traditions
          www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Thanks Laura - much appreciated!

Comment

Just FYI. Ordoro is a great web-based software for printing out shipping labels for 3dcart orders (Fedex, UPS, USPS via Endicia). Ordoro works well with 3dcart and also automatically writes back the tracking number into the order. That means that when 3dcart sends out the shipping confirmation email, the tracking number is included in it automatically. You should give the free trial a shot. Gets rid of all the copying and pasting you are talking about and streamlines the order fulfillment.

Comment

Originally posted by culttvman View Post
                I've been using Endicia for a year and love it. Just download the orders to the computer withe Endicia installed, weigh the package and print the postage. It works great on international orders as well, printing all the customs forms. It was a little confusing setting it up on the computer, particularly with Windows 7, but once it was running, it was sweet.

Steve
                Steve,
                Just exactly how are the addresses for the orders imported from 3DCart to Endicia?

Thanks.

Mark

Comment

There is a KB tutorial about how to set up the plugin. Here is a link to that for you: https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...nloaditemid=53

Hope that helps!
                  Laura Z
                  Brass & Silver Traditions
                  www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

3D Cart - Endicia link

A few notes for anyone setting up this link:
                    -The link will work with Endicia Pro but not Premium (as stated in the 3D Cart notes)
                    -If you are using Win 7 64 bit OS, there is a problem with the OBDC drivers. I found a website with the following instructions that solved the problem.

It's only window 7 for 64bit
                    Settings--->Administration Tool--->ODBC Driver--> Right Click --> Properties
                    [1] change the Target : %windir%\syswow64\odbcad32.exe
                    [2] Start in : %windir%\SysWOW64
                    and then Save

Hope this helps someone...

Mark P

Comment

Working...
                    X