Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SeeWhy Cart Abandonment Conversion Aid? Anyone using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeeWhy Cart Abandonment Conversion Aid? Anyone using?

Anyone using the SeeWhy conversion and cart abandonment product with 3dcart? If so, can you relate some info about your experience, success, failure, etc?

Thanks!

Need Help

I would really like to do a survey as people try to leave the site after adding items to their cart. 3dcart help desk didn't have any suggestions. I am looking for ways to find out why people are abandoning their carts as well.

Comment

Cart Abandonment

If the customer went far enough in the order process to provide an email, you can email them either individually or through the email function in the "Not Completed" order status. There are numerous tools available on the web to create surveys. You can put a link to your survey in the email. You could incentive completing the survey by offering a discount on completing the abandoned order or completing a new order.

We email every customer who provide an email and abandon their cart. We provide our phone number and the offer to help with their order. We save 1-2 orders per month. We get additional 1-2 responses back on how we suck, our web site sucks or WE denied their credit card.

IMHO don't expect many responses to your survey.

Comment

Cart Abandonment

There are many reasons people abandon carts. Here are a few:
        • Competitors checking out your pricing
        • Customers checking out the total cost including shipping/comparison shopping
        • Shipping charges not being displayed in the cart
        • Unsecure warnings

You will always have abandoned carts. Accept that fact. Using Google Analytics code throughout your checkout process will help you pinpoint the "where" a sale went stale. You can set up funnels within Google Analytics to track that - GA code is a free service. IMHO a survey is a waste of time. I don't ever fill them out. I hate surveys! I'm sure others do too. If you are concerned about how your abandonment rate compares to similar stores within your industry/business sector, you can compare your stats here.
        Last edited by celebra1; 09-03-2011, 09:02 PM.

Comment

We use the "not completed" emails and a lot of people email us back with the reason why they didn't complete their order. We're finding a LOT of people are waiting for payday. They load up the cart in advance of receiving their paycheck, and then they plan to come back to complete the order after they get some money.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
            ... If you are concerned about how your abandonment rate compares to similar stores within your industry/business sector, you can compare your stats here.
            Nice link, thanks for sharing! :)

Comment

Working...
            X