GoDataFeed or Smart Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoDataFeed or Smart Feed

What are your thoughts on either GoDataFeed or Smart Feed? Need to find a way to improve my data feeds and was hoping to hear from some of you that are using either program.
    Kay Speranza
    Dish Girl LLC
    Fiesta Dinnerware

i use godatafeed. it's not a solution for improving individual items but it allows for rule based changes. when i signed up they had a free trial and 3 free setups. you might as well sign up for a trial account and see how you like it. Their support is via ticket only and can take 1 to 3 days to get a response.

Comment

GoDataFeed

I have signed up to use GoDadtaFeed. But I must say that their instructions on how to get your feed up and running are not very user friendly. I keep getting the warning about putting my products in the Google categories which they are but somehow I can not get it to work with GoData.

For $50.00 per month, I surely expect an easier way to get this done.

Having said this: may be I am just frustrated and can't see the forest for the trees. LOL

I filed a support ticket and we will just have to see when I get a response and how quickly I can resolve my difficulties. (sigh)

Uta

Comment

CSE management

Using GDF for a while - no issues and prompt support - smart feed is cheaper but need feedback before switching

Comment

We've been using Godata for 6 months now, they have excellent customer service and we run 4 feeds through them. Our sales have improved since utilizing their services. I would recommend Godata for sure.
          (¯`v´¯)
          `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
          (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
          * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
          www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
          www.Trailer-Wheels.com
          www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Smartfeed

We looked at smartfeed - very limited in it's offerings, about 1/4 of Godatafeeds. smartfeed doesn't offer feeds to our 2 affiliate programs so we have ruled them out. I also like that GDF is literally down the street from 3dcart - everyone knows each other. We're staying with GDF. We may use the Smartfeed Seller Central mod in the future.

In the meantime GDF is rolling out an ebay upload - that may be very useful

Comment

We've had trouble with our 3dcart data feed to Google - words in our descriptions being jammed together, spaces missing, etc. When I have found the errors, I've gone into the text file and manually had to edit there.

After that, if I wanted to download a new feed file from 3dcart (if we added products to 3dcart for instance), all those same errors are back again and I have to go into the text file and fix them all over again. A complete waste of time.

Does Godatafeed take care of these types of things when creating those "first 3 feeds" for you?

Comment

Feeds

Originally posted by JustPoppin View Post
                We've had trouble with our 3dcart data feed to Google - words in our descriptions being jammed together, spaces missing, etc. When I have found the errors, I've gone into the text file and manually had to edit there.

After that, if I wanted to download a new feed file from 3dcart (if we added products to 3dcart for instance), all those same errors are back again and I have to go into the text file and fix them all over again. A complete waste of time.

Does Godatafeed take care of these types of things when creating those "first 3 feeds" for you?
                Unfortunately ALL the HTML is tripped out of the feeds - and I'm still workinmg to get all the right specs so they show up in search not just product ads but in products search

Comment

Our stuff shows up in search and ads but it's just such a pain in the a** to do all this manual editing. And for clarification, it's the text file from 3dcart that's all messed up and in need of editing - not the results after importing to Google Merchant.

Comment

Using Godatafeed for about six months and I am very happy with their support and service. Smartfeed is appealing because of price, however they do not offer all the feeds we need, and starting from scratch is not appealing either.
                    As for feed setup, I have always just coughed up the $99 and let them do it. My time is more valuable than that.

Comment

I thought 3-D cart fixed the Google feed issue - I'm a little down s'more see if I can get this thing fixed once and for all because I really want to be on the Google shopping results.

Comment

Hello all.
                        Lexity Live is a new app for 3Dcart that seems packed with features.
                        Some of the said features are free.

Lexity Live offers feed creation / submission for Google Shopping, Bing and TheFind for $20/month.
                        They will create the feed and submit 4 times a day for that fee.

We have not tried the feed feature but think it's a great deal if it works.
                        Lexity | Lexity | Advertising on Autopilot

This may be a good thing to try, especially if you don't have a feed set up.

We have feeds set up already and are a little wearing about messing those up.

We are using the free features, not including the feed creation and those work nicely.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best regards,
                        papa

Comment

DataFeed File?

I am trying to set up my godatafeed account. Can someone tell me where I can find the .txt filename to upload?

I am lost - I think I need to take a walk or something, my eyes are going buggy! :-)

Comment

godatafeed

name it anything you want and i prefer talking to my therapist John Jameson for clairity

Comment

Gotta love that Jamerson :-)

Thank you-all set and I got the green light on the feed-Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X