Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoDataFeed?

Hi:

I have signed up for the trial with GoDataFeed and as of right now, I am less than impressed. But may be it is me...

Has anybody here successfully tackled categorizing their products into the Google categories using GoData? If so, how did you do that? Would somebody please leave detailed instructions?

I filed a support ticket yesterday and received an answer that told me to watch a video which, by the way showed a general way to put items into categories but not the Google thing.

So I am back to square 1.

Thanks for your help.

Uta,
    This is the way we do it. I am sure there are other way that might be easier of just different, but this works for us.
    You need to use several extra fields in 3dcart to prep your items for the Google Feed. It will take you a few hours but it will be worth it in the end.
    1. download the Google Taxonomy, go through it and make an excel sheet of the relevant categories that apply to your business. xxxx>xxx>xxx
    2. create a custom download from 3dcart with id,name,category, and at least three extra fields. Manufacturer, and some other fields might help you sort the items.
    3. Go through your inventory and put the Google Category in one extra field. And for Apparel, put the Color and Gender in the other fields.
    then you can use the Godatafeed tools to assign products to the Google Category based on what is in the extra field with the categories.
    If Extrafield_10 "contains-text" xxx then assign to "xxx Google category"
    repeat the conditions as many times as necessary until all your items are assigned.
    We don't depend on the 3dcart Categories field because we have many products assigned to multiple categories.

When creating new items in 3dcart, make sure to assign values to these extra fields and they will be automatically categorized and included in the next Google feed from Godatafeed.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have 3 free set ups, so I am using one right now. I am hoping that I can figure things out by downloading the finished set up and viewing it in a spreadsheet.

But I appreciate the instructions. I will copy them and try them too, if for no other reason than to learn how to do that.

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

GoDataFeed Categorizations

Hello Uta,

As you mentioned, we do provide 3dCart merchants with 3 free feed setups, so we will be doing the Google feed categorization for you. You can then refer to the categorizations we performed for you as a point of reference for future feed setups by downloading the feed file and viewing the categorizations assigned there.

To answer your question, categorization assignments are performed in Step 3 of the feed setup process. The video help describes the process by giving an example setup, so the categorization principles apply across all channels, including Google Product Search.

If you need further assistance, you can feel free to pick up the phone and give us a call at 954-745-7998 and our team will guide you through it.

Sincerely,

Lin

Comment

Working...
        X