Godatafeed and 3dcart security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godatafeed and 3dcart security

I just signed up for godatafeed and am still trying to configure my settings. I was able to import my products without a problem. That is when I realized that I did not need to provide any type of login or password to do this. This got me thinking they must have authorized me somehow. So to test this I tried some other 3dcart websites that I do not own. Sure enough I could download their data file also. It even had the cost field!!!

Even though I don't enter the cost field on my site, someone can get a whole lot of data doing this. Is there anyway to stop this? Do I worry too much?

OMG! Did you contact them? Did you contact 3d? What was/is the response? Please keep us posted.

Uta

Comment

3dCart's Update

Hello Merchants,

Regarding your product data imports, 3DCart has recently updated their system to require 3rd party security keys.

GoDataFeed is already integrated with it so you should make sure to generate the key in 3DCart and update the GoDataFeed account with the key, if you haven’t already done so.

Please feel free to contact us through your merchant account center with any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

The GoDataFeed Team

Comment

Hindsight is a beautiful thing, duh.
        David
        David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Originally posted by discpb View Post
          So to test this I tried some other 3dcart websites that I do not own. Sure enough I could download their data file also. It even had the cost field!!!

Even though I don't enter the cost field on my site, someone can get a whole lot of data doing this. Is there anyway to stop this? Do I worry too much?
          Even integrated should others be able to download our data?

Comment

The security key would stop that.
            David
            David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Working...
            X