Google Analytics vs Reports.3dcart.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Analytics vs Reports.3dcart.com

We recently upgraded our package and got the reports.3dcart.com access. I've been using google analytics. Why is there such a huge difference in things like number of visitors? for example, analytics may say 200 visitors while reports says 1800. Why the big discrepancy?

Thanks,
    Greg

I noticed that too. I tend to stick with G Analytics, because Quantcast.com backs up the stats. 3D?

Comment

SmarterStats uses the log files to get visitor data, while Google analytics uses cookies and javascript (that snippet you entered in the page). So, if customer has javascript turned off, or no cookies, then Google won't track.

However, if that was the case, they probably wouldnt be shopping either. So, as far as bandwidth reports, etc, i would look at smarterstats, but as far as real visitors, (real people not spiders, robots, etc.), the Google counts are very accurate.
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Yea, I looked up some of the ip addresses today and lots of them were spiders. So it looks like the 3dcart reports don't differentiate between real users and spiders.

Thanks for the input,
        Greg

Comment

Working...
        X