No announcement yet.

StoneEdge what do users have to say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you had success with integrating CBA? It seems the duplicate order issue is a whopper.

Comment

Originally posted by idealstores View Post
      I was going to attempt to do it via Wifi but I honestly don't know much about how to do any of this.
      Don't even attempt to set it up via WiFi.... it is not worth the hassle and problems that you will encounter.

Comment

With SE and 3dCart, which program sends the Order shipped E-Mail? SE or 3dCart? I assume (hope) that one shipped by SE the auto responder stuff in 3dCart would work fine - review reminders, etc.

Comment

If I'm just connecting two work stations to the server what should I buy(in terms of hardware) so that everything "jives"?

Comment

Originally posted by ritchey View Post
            With SE and 3dCart, which program sends the Order shipped E-Mail? SE or 3dCart? I assume (hope) that one shipped by SE the auto responder stuff in 3dCart would work fine - review reminders, etc.
            It can be either way depending on how you configure everything. I have it set up so that all automatic emails are sent by the cart.

Comment

If I'm just connecting two work stations to the server what should I buy(in terms of hardware) so that everything "jives"?
              You might not need to buy anything. I am just suggesting, based upon my experience, that using wifi for the connection isn't that reliable. The network needs to be hardwired.

Comment

Thanks! Much appreciated info.

Originally posted by superdetail View Post
                It can be either way depending on how you configure everything. I have it set up so that all automatic emails are sent by the cart.

Comment

A Gigabit router switch with five or eight ports is very cheap , super reliable and fast. Make sure your computers also have Gigabit ports.
                  We have 3dcart send the new order e-mails, and SE send the shipping e-mails.
                  The CBA orders are still a problem. Have SE update the status upon approval, not upon download as that might mess up new CBA orders. They need to stay in the UNPAID status until Amazon sends the second code that says Ready to Ship. If the order status is changed before the second code comes in, the order might hang in limbo.
                  We download the orders from 3dcart, use multi-order processor and approves the complete orders. Then we download Amazon and approve the ones with Amazon payment manually.
                  Next we tackle the CBA orders. we click "see all orders by this customer", that pulls both orders from 3dcart and Amazon. We copy the phone number from the Amazon download, as they do not come down with the 3dcart orders, and make a comment with the Amazon order #, then we DELETE the Amazon order. Then we mark as paid, and approve and print. Phew............ that was exhausting.

As for the Parameter error, try pushing ctl-F, to recompile all and see what happens.

Comment

Well I got everything set up with a Linksys Router and it's all working. However, the workstation(not running the original DB) seems to hang every other order. Basically, we're in the middle of shipping an order and it just sits there frozen. Sometimes it recovers but most times the screen just turns a faded white(with SE in the background) and we have to force quit. Everything is hooked up via ethernet cables on a network using the router. This particular workstation is windows 7 but I made sure that all the installs were done using the 32gb versions. The only thing that I've done that might be considered questionable is that I am using the same copy of MS Access that I used on the server(with the same license key). Would that be a factor? I'm pretty frustrated at this point, SE has not been much help....

As of right now I've reinstalled everything to see if it would make a difference but it has not. We're down to just one work station at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

You should not need to have Access on your server, I put my SE files on a network Hard Drive on my network. Since MS Access does keys, I would not be surprised if this was causing problems. I found the cheapest price for Access on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by ritchey View Post
                        You should not need to have Access on your server, I put my SE files on a network Hard Drive on my network. Since MS Access does keys, I would not be surprised if this was causing problems. I found the cheapest price for Access on Amazon.
                        Would simply uninstalling access from the server fix the conflict?

Comment

I must say I'm very frustrated at this point, nothing I have done seems to work. A fresh install on the original computer - still hangs on just about every order. A fresh instal on a completely different computer(this one running Windows XP) and it hangs on just about every order.

Could this be a network issue? The program runs fine on the PC where the program is hosted/pc acting as a server. Currently I have a desktop which is hosting the software with an ethernet cord running to a very good linksys router which then has an ethernet cable going out to the workstation in question. The ethernet cables have a stamp which reads CAT 5, should I be using a different kind of cable? What could be my problem?

I thought maybe it was MS access but we just logged out the other computer(desktop hosting the software) from SE to see if the software would run better on the workstation. Unfortunately it did not, it still hangs at least once per order.

*Again I have been in contact with SE and they were not much help.*

Comment

It sounds like it could easily be a network issue, but that is a bit hard to diagnose remotely. There are tools you can download to test the health of your network. Could also be network settings on one of the remote PCs (like firewall)

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                              It sounds like it could easily be a network issue, but that is a bit hard to diagnose remotely. There are tools you can download to test the health of your network. Could also be network settings on one of the remote PCs (like firewall)
                              Is there a dummies guide available on these tools so I can try and figure out where the leak is? Or does anyone know of someone in Miami that would be able to help me with this?

Comment

Is there a dummies guide available on these tools so I can try and figure out where the leak is? Or does anyone know of someone in Miami that would be able to help me with this?
                                This is a good resource for speeding up SEOM: Speeding Up the Order Manager [Legacy KB]

Here's a post specifically dealing with speeding up SEOM on Windows 7:
                                It was caused by the Windows 7 ACE driver for MS Access 2007 and 2010 not working well with multi-core CPU's and hanging. It was reported by quite a few people so it is surprising none of your other 2000 customers reported it when moving to Windows 7 and new hardware. Anyway here's some info that may be extremely helpful to others (and avoid the hell I've been through). Without the hotfix it won't be fixed until Office 2010 SP2 which is a long way off:

The hotfix for the performance problem you reported in Microsoft Access 2010 after moving your databases to Microsoft Windows 7 has just been released to the public. You can download the hotfix through a link in the following articles for either Access 2010 or Access 2007:

Description of the Access 2010 hotfix package (Ace-x-none.msp): August 30, 2011

http://support.microsoft..com/kb/2553116

Description of the Office Access 2007 hotfix package (Ace-x-none.msp, Access-x-none.msp): August 30, 2011

http://support.microsoft..com/kb/2553029
                                Chris
                                TC Life Safety
                                TC Wireless

Comment

Working...
                                X