StoneEdge and Multiple Shipping Addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StoneEdge and Multiple Shipping Addresses

My client is using Order Manager and I created a test transaction with multiple shipping addresses. The XML generated for order import into SE only uses the primary shipping address.

Per the SE Developer's Guide, an order can have only 1 shipping address so I would expect 3dC to create a unique order for each shipping address (Order-1, Order-2, etc).

Is there anything in the works to create the correct XML for SE for multiple shipping addresses?
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Hello,
    The current integration does not support multiple shipping addresses (as you discovered), and unfortunately there is no setting that can be changed to make this work. In the future, if Order Manager supports multiple ship to addresses we could work with them to update the integration script.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks for the info. When I did a product export, I saw that there was a Shipment Number. Couldn't you create another order with the Shipment Number appended to the order number?

This is a quote from SE from another eCommerce forum from 2009:

"At this time our system only has a space for one shipping address, you would have to create another order in the system to allow for another shipping address to be used.

If you can make the cart create a separate order number for a second address then that would work…"
      Last edited by vswebdesign; 08-21-2013, 04:35 PM.
      Joanne Barker
      VS Web Design
      [email protected]

Comment

Yes, it would be possible, but, not without changing the integration and this would affect other functionality like order status updates, etc.

I've made a note and we can bring this up to StoneEdge when we work on a new integration with them. Perhaps by that time they have multiple ship to, and we can just integrate it the right way.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

The order status update is an interesting wrinkle. Thanks for the info. I appreciate the explanation. Yes, it would just be better that SE supported multiple shipping addresses.
          Joanne Barker
          VS Web Design
          [email protected]

Comment

I don't expect to see this anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
            X