PowerReviews 3DCart Integration On Category Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerReviews 3DCart Integration On Category Page

I am in need of some help from a 3DCart Store who Uses Powerreviews and has been able to successfully integrate it with your category page.

This is the snippet

<div class="pr_snippet_category">
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var pr_snippet_min_reviews=0;
    POWERREVIEWS.display.snippet(document, { pr_page_id: "PAGE_ID" });
    </script>
    </div>

If you see above, where it says "PAGE_ID" needs to be replaced with the variable that 3DCart uses throughout the store to identify the Page number/ID.

This snippet will be placed in the Category_0.html file
    From the category html file it will send forth that command and the reviews will appear attached to each product on the category page according to the ID populated by the snippet.

I have tried desperately to find someone at 3DCart which can tell me which code they use to pull the product IDs, but the moment the word "Html" is stated, many go into shut-down mode and start telling me they dont Do "Coding" - I don't need them to code anything... I just need the name of the variable to replace "PAGE_ID"

I am hoping someone who uses Powerreviews/BazaarVoice and has integrated successfully could PLEASE tell me what 3DCart variable is needed in this area. It has been 3 Years! and Im Tired of not having this fixed

Thanks in advance for Help.

-Tko
    TkoSkin - Turning You Into a Natural Knockout

I am going to make the assumption that you are using this snippet on the category page to show some review info for each product.

The snippet would need to be within the ITEM_TEMPLATE_0 sections. The variable I believe you are needing is [catalogid]. The variable is case sensitive.

jeff
    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Originally posted by jcocking View Post
      I am going to make the assumption that you are using this snippet on the category page to show some review info for each product.

The snippet would need to be within the ITEM_TEMPLATE_0 sections. The variable I believe you are needing is [catalogid]. The variable is case sensitive.

jeff

Thank you for responding Jeff...

This is where I'm placing the snippet: In the table where I want the code to appear.... But alas, still is not appearing.

Help is appreciated.

-Tko

==============

<!--START: freeshippingblock-->
      <tr>
      <td colspan="2" align="center" valign="middle">[freeshipping]</td>
      </tr>
      <!--END: freeshippingblock-->
      <tr>
      <td class="item" align="center" valign="middle">

var pr_snippet_min_reviews=1;
      POWERREVIEWS.display.snippet(document, { pr_page_id: "[catalogid]" });
      </script>
      </div>

<input type="button" value="[category_buyitlink]" onclick="window.location='add_cart.asp?quick=1&amp ;item_id=[catalogid]'" class="btn" onmouseover="this.className='btn_over'" onmouseout="this.className='btn'" /></td>
      </tr>
      </table>
      <!--END: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0-->

Comment

right place. There is a single quote within the variable that should not be there.

Code:
        POWERREVIEWS.display.snippet(document, { pr_page_id: "[catalogid']" });
        Remove the single quote. and it should work.

jeff
        Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Originally posted by jcocking View Post
          right place. There is a single quote within the variable that should not be there.

Code:
          POWERREVIEWS.display.snippet(document, { pr_page_id: "[catalogid']" });
          Remove the single quote. and it should work.

jeff
          Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply. When I posted the snippet earlier I was cutting and pasting directly from my server. After that we continued many different configurations and thats when the single quote mark was added. I'm GLAD you caught that as, going forward I may have missed it. So I've taken it out and alas powerreviews is still not working.

There is something else I've learned. There is a code at the top of the page which is supposed to call a CSS file from PR's servers, and for some reason the css file is not being called. I've submitted a ticket to PR and Im going to revisit the initial integration and see if I've done something wrong. The reviews work on the product page, and it WAS working on the home page... but in all my toggling and configurations the home page power reviews is not working....

I did my my frame.html file overwritten over the weekend so I dont know if that's why its not displaying on the home page.... but this here is the snippet at the top of the category page which is supposed to pull forth the CSS

===============

var pr_style_sheet="http://cdn.powerreviews.com/aux/15104/458425/css/express.css";
          </script>
          <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.powerreviews.com/repos/15104/pr/pwr/engine/js/full.js"></script>

<form action="view_category.asp?cat=[catid]" method="post" name="frmsortby" id="frmsortby">
          <table width="98%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0">

<!--START: BODY_HEADER-->
          <tr>
          <td class="item"> [CATEGORY_FULLLINE] </td>

====================

I've submitted a trouble ticket to PR/BV and am looking into perhaps re-doing the integration step by step. Perhaps there is a mistake elsewhere :-/

-Tko

Comment

MORE INFORMATION:

I received this message. Apparently the catalogid is pulling the numerical product number. I need to pull the Sku I created.

This is the mssg I got from PR

=====================
            For example, this is the code on the category page:
            var pr_snippet_min_reviews=1;
            POWERREVIEWS.display.snippet(document, { pr_page_id: "64" });
            </script>
            </div>

On your product page, you now have two snippet calls and one review display call. There is an empty snippet call at the top of the page which is using page id 64. But the snippet which HAS reviews is using a different value:

<div class="pr_snippet_product"><script type="text/javascript">POWERREVIEWS.display.snippet(document, { pr_page_id : "MMSP10" });</script></div>

You need to figure out what value you're using to put MMSP10 in there and use the same variable on your category page to ensure the page ids match. IF they do not, then the content won't display.

=====================

Help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Okay. When I use the Variable [catalogid] it pulls the number "64"
              when I use the variable [product_id] which is SUPPOSED to bring up the SKU it instead brings up the words "Part Number"

Look at it here
              TkoSkin Sample Size Total Body Softness, sample sizes

The Sku I've created is "MMSP10" which the code which displays the reviews is able to use to pull the reviews.
              But the one at the top of the page is supposed to pull MMSP10, but its not.

I have this file
              3dcart Design Docs

and it says very clearly that the SKU is controlled by product_id - but this is not happening in real life...

They are saying everything is working well on their end. I mean, look at it. There are only like 4 variables which pull product info...
              catalogid
              catid
              product_id
              ID

I've tried them all and NOTHING has been able to pull the stars from Powerreviews.
              There is no customization done to the site, this is a standard 3DCart Template.

Comment

Use the variable: [id]

Remember, the variables are case sensitive. [ID] is not the same as [id].

jeff
                Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Effectiveness

For what it's worth, I gave power reviews 90 days and they did not bring me any additional traffic. Especially in view of Google's Hummingbird update. I would much prefer to have the reviews on page than on somebody else's site. Just an FYI

. The combination of customer reviews and Q&A in listings is very helpful to SE0

Comment

Working...
                  X