TheFind is now broken for us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheFind is now broken for us?

I was updating all of my coupons on thefind and I did a check of our product listings. Everything listed in the find for our store is now broken. All links and images go to our 404 page and we didn't change anything. I checked the 3dcart export feed file and it seems to be OK. I sent an e-mail to TheFind as well and I am waiting to hear back. Has anyone else had this problem? The feed was updated yesterday so it looks like the problem occurred then.

The only thing that has changed is we were upgraded to 6.1.

Dana

I just checked our items and they are appearing as they should. We use our Google feed to submit to TheFind. If you have a feed for Google maybe you can try submitting that and see if it works?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Still no word from thefind. I've had problems with my coupons not showing up but nothing like this.

I'm looking into the google feed now. I have no idea how I am going to make that work. I need a hottub.

Comment

TheFind accepts Google feeds just as they are, so all you should have to do is upload that through your Find dashboard. No hot tub required! (Although it would still be nice.)
        Laura Z

Comment

I think thefind is definitely having issues. It looks like they set something new up that attempts to categorize everything automatically. Only problem is its mostly wrong. They set up "products" for my categories and subcategories with zero prices. They put many of my products in the wrong category. If you search by putting spaces in my business name, everything comes up as broken links. Take out the spaces and they show up (mostly). I saw a few other companies with weird things happening so I do not think it is just me.

Hehe my problem is in creating the fields that I need to have in the google feed. I sell many different things including jewelry, purses, craft supplies etc. Used, new, handcrafted and mass produced. I have to set up the google product categories (narrowed down to about 155 LOL), gender, color. I am not sure how to do the unique identifiers for the mass produced things I have that are made in other countries and there are no manufacturer Ids for them at all. Going to be a lot of work!

Comment

Ah, I already have a Google feed in place, so I just use that. I have been using GoDataFeed for a few years now, and have found it worth the investment to have them generate and submit the feeds for me. Much less stressful. I hope TheFind fixes their issues quickly!
            Laura Z

Comment

TheFind fixed the issue for us. They didn't say what it was but we are looking good now. Phew! I noticed they added cents onto the pricing in this update too. Unfortunately, still no support for anything less than a dollar though.

I am getting close to halfway done with the google feed data entry then I get to test it and see if I messed it up. =)

Comment

Working...
              X