Sold Out items still going to feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold Out items still going to feeds

I am working on getting the store Googlefeed set up. I have the box in admin checked that states "Exclude non-searchable items from Shop. Feeds". I also checked the box in the individual products to make them non-searchable.

For some reason the non-searchable products are still showing up in the exports. Is there something else I am missing?

Are you still having problems with this? We are having a related issue with Google product feeds. Currently the feed is defaulting to ALL of our products, and we have some products that were discontinued that we still want customers to be able to access for information. It also leads to hits on our site, which are potential sales.

Comment

Originally posted by BestCPAPprice View Post
      Are you still having problems with this? We are having a related issue with Google product feeds. Currently the feed is defaulting to ALL of our products, and we have some products that were discontinued that we still want customers to be able to access for information. It also leads to hits on our site, which are potential sales.
      Yes, my feed for the find still has this issue. I have added the word SOLD to the product name to try and remain legit but I have to get it fixed soon or risk being penalized. I am almost done with setting up all the fields for a google feed but the last time I checked, the sold out products were still on that feed as well.

I am considering using the Godata feed service once I have my products updated. No idea if that would help. Since I know that I am not the only one having this problem, perhaps we can get support to take a serious look at it.

Comment

I gave up and sent in a ticket. I finally got my extra fields that Google requires filled in for a few thousand products and all the non-searchable products still go into feeds. Hopefully they can figure out whats wrong. GAHHHHH

Dana

Comment

For any items which I do not want showing up in the data feed I use the Extra fields.

I use one of the extra fields for the google_product_category. I leave the field empty if I do not want the item to show up in the feed. When I download the feed from 3D I then edit it to remove any items which have the field blank. I also edit a few other things in order to make the feed work better. Once I am finished editing I upload it to Google.

It really is a pain in the exhaust and I would love to see 3Dcart add some fields just for data feeds. The fields would not show on the item listing page but could have rules applied to them when you prepare the feed for Google or any of the other search engines. GoDataFeed is wonderful but as I have over 50,000 SKU's their price is outrageous.
          Rob

Comment

Same Issue - Here's A Good Solution

How Funny!
            3DCart sure has it ways of bring out the conspiracy theorist in me...

(start rant) I typed this wonderfully long response that, instead of a store owner like me needing to share this solution here, you would think would already be in the knowledge base. I get the sense because 3DCart asks you to pay for Google Product Listing support they are not just giving such "knowledge" away for Free! Silly! And, in relation to this forums, it seems 3DCart suspects any response that takes longer than 1 minute to type "trouble" as I was logged out and the response lost when I clicked "Submit Reply". And, of course, there is no easy way to get all of that data back. When you go back in the browser you are brought to the log in window vs. the reply to thread window that you were just at. (end rant)

Anyhow, here is now a shorter version of the solution hoping it might help someone.

1) Export your inventory into a spreadsheet.

2) Sort your products by stock so you get all the "0" / out of stock items clumped together.

3) Find the "nonsearchable" column and add a "1" value for any products that you want to NOT be in the product feed.

4) Import the modified inventory list back into 3DCart.

5) Re-generate the Google feed in Marketing > Shopping Engines > Google Product Listing Ads

Please Note: Making these products "non-searchable" will still allow them to show up in your store via category browsing but they will not show up if a customer searches for them in your store. So if you want to undo that you have to reverse this process AFTER you generate the Google Product Listing Feed.

Again, Hope This Helps!

~ Antonio ~
            Welcome to The Sound Healing Store - Igniting The Spirit of Sound for Peace of Mind and Soul Awakening

Comment

On my feed export set in 3dcart, field 9 is "Constant" "Availabilty" "In Stock". That tells it to only include in-stock items in the feed.

Always works, never have used a spreadsheet. I just generate/export a feed every month

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome44 View Post
                On my feed export set in 3dcart, field 9 is "Constant" "Availabilty" "In Stock". That tells it to only include in-stock items in the feed.

Always works, never have used a spreadsheet. I just generate/export a feed every month
                I am about 95% sure that the setting you mention is simply including a field with a header of "Availability" and a value of "In Stock" with every line in the feed. That's what the "constant" options are for.

Comment

God Im frustrated but I figured out how I can get it to work. Thanks to your instructions it gave me some ideas.

1. I created a constant field for availability and have it set to in stock
                  2. I added the nonsearchable field onto the end of the export list
                  3. I added a stock field after that
                  4. Exported the database from 3dcart as comma delimited and opened it in excel.
                  5. Sorted the nonsearchable field so all the 1's were at the top and deleted those lines.
                  6. Sorted the stock field and deleted everything that was 0
                  7. Deleted both the nonsearchable and stock columns
                  8. Saved as .txt tab-delimited
                  9. Manually uploaded to google and it finally freaking worked correctly.

Now if I could just get 3dcart to do that for me. I dont have the money to pay godata right now.

Thank you for the helpful suggestions!

Dana

Comment

Have you tried playing with the "Enable Inventory Control" setting in General Settings?

I seem to recall that having this set would mess up stock status in exported feeds. I've been trying to find an old forum thread about it, though, and have been unsuccessful.

Comment

cbsteven,

There was a thread talking about how if you want to use the inventory control waitlist function it would mess up the stock field in the feeds. They said it was 3dcarts way of making you pay for godata or a similar service LOL. I feel the waitlist function is too important to lose and I do use it. Im hoping 3dcart can fix this problem. I've still got an ongoing ticket but at least I now have a way to manually edit and upload the file.

I am wondering how often I will end up needing to upload the feed. Hopefully weekly will work. Anything more often than that and its going to be a pita.

Dana

Comment

I got a response from Jimmy and apparently you have to use the Google merchant feed and not a custom export from the products menu. The problem I have with that is the links in the google merchant feed export are all in the wrong format with item numbers and not my custom file names. So if I use that feed, all my links would be different than what I already have indexed with google. I do not want to give google two different links that go to the same product.

I've already got Google scolding me because they indexed some frame files and other bizarre things I have no control over and I've got "duplicate" content for the same page being indexed 3-4 times under different filenames.

I asked if they can fix the product links in the merchant feed export to be custom file names if you use them or apply the non-searchable function to the custom exports.

We shall see what they say!

Dana

Comment

Jimmy says they intentionally make the google feed export with the non-custom file names for tracking and that it doesn't affect your seo. Anyone using the google merchant feed and custom file names who wouldn't mind telling me if you have any problems with duplicate content flags etc. in your webmaster tools. I dont want to go through all the trouble of setting everything up only to get nailed a few months from now.

TIA,
                          Dana

Comment

Working...
                          X