Invoice mismatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invoice mismatch

we recently processed an order where 3 - $10 gift certificates were used. We use Shipworks for our shipping plugin. The order was for $39.89 The Shipworks order showed an order total of $9.89 The 3dcart order total was for the full amount $39.89 (which prompted a phone call & email from the customer letting me know she wasn't happy waiting 20 minutes to talk to PayPal)

I sent a screen shot of the issue to support - their response was (in many more words) "we designed it like this"

My response was cryptic but polite - some thing to the effect of "how on god's green earth?????

Their response was i could pay to fix this which is clearly a design issue on 3dcart's end.

while I'm washing shards of brain off my walls (from my head exploding) does anyone have any suggestions?

BTW did you know if you go beyond the post date in draft mode using the 3dcart blog - a 404 error is generated? this too is "by design"
    Last edited by windycityparrot; 05-05-2014, 12:17 PM.

I think the difference is that 3DCart considers a gift certificate to be a payment method. So a $40 order with a $10 GC applied is still a $40 order.

ShipWorks isn't super robust with things like this and the best way to apply a GC to an order is with a negative "Charge", which will affect the order total.

So you could argue that this is a limitation of ShipWorks

Comment

logic

little confounded by your logic - shipworks got it 100% right - 3dcart was off by $30 - my website presented the customer with wrong information - in what ecommerce universe is this acceptable?

even 3dcart says

"It is simply the way 3dcart has chosen to provide this information. Shipworks shipping invoice will show itemize discounts and gift certificates in line with the subtotal and list their total as a out of pocket amount paid to the order (which may be the more traditional way of displaying order totals)."

the traditional way is to show the CORRECT order "total" when has that ever changed?

Comment

I disagree that one way is more "correct" over the other. If I order $40 worth of products, pay for $10 with a gift certificate and $30 with a credit card, then displaying the order total as being $40 seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Comment

Just so that its clear:

There is nothing that 3dcart can do to fix the integration between the 2 systems as Shipworks is integrated directly with the 3dcart API (3dcart has no say on what is pulled, how, or what's returned to them, they have 100% control). Shipworks can pull the data any way they like and show it on your end as a payment, or gift certificate, it's really totally up to them.

We provide support to our partners and will be happy to help them if they need help understanding how the information is available in the API.

Ultimately, if you are not satisfied with them, we have a selection of other shipping apps you may want to try:

Shipping
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I don't think his issue or concern is with Shipworks, they seem to have it "right", it's the 3dc side that shows the customer the incorrect invoice amount. At least that's how I interpreted the post?

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
              I don't think his issue or concern is with Shipworks, they seem to have it "right", it's the 3dc side that shows the customer the incorrect invoice amount. At least that's how I interpreted the post?
              Windy is saying that 3DCart is displaying an incorrect amount, but I disagree that one way is more correct than the other. One is price before gift certificates, one is price after gift certificates.

Comment

Working...
              X