Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Order Management Software... What do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Management Software... What do you use?

We have outgrown our current ways of handling orders (3dcart, eBay, Phone, B&M).

I am looking for a more efficient solution than our current set up of importing / exporting data (orders, customers, & tracking numbers) in and out of 3dcart, eBay, UPS, USPS and QuickBooks.

I am in the infancy of finding a solution, but have made some initial contacts with some companies (Stone Edge, Mail Order Manager, Net Suite). Set up some demos, and talked to some reps. The issue is, you never really know how well it works by a demo or talking to the sales reps.

I would like to hear first hand from other companies, so what do you use?

FYI, we are processing between 100-150 orders daily.

Thanks,
    Chad

Hi Chad,
    Can you tell us what your order workflow is now?

Are you

Exporting to Quickbooks then shipping from there.

or,

Shipping from 3dcart, then exporting to Quickbooks?

Are you using the new 3dcart ebay plugin which will import your orders into 3dcart for order management, or, are you using a third party tool for that?

That'll help, as there are a few options out there, but knowing your current workflow will help find the ideal solution,
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I personally use ShipWorks and highly recommend it.

Formerly used SEOM. I can't give that one my recommendation. Although it is incredibly powerful, it is just far too complicated for most people, and very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
        I personally use ShipWorks and highly recommend it.

Formerly used SEOM. I can't give that one my recommendation. Although it is incredibly powerful, it is just far too complicated for most people, and very expensive.
        I gotta go with Steven. We use shipworks on all of our stores. It automates a huge portion of the process.

Comment

Our workflow:

3dcart orders are exported out as a CSV. The CSV file is adjusted in excel and imported directly into Quickbooks through a software called QImport.

Orders are printed in Quickbooks and fulfilled / shipped.

UPS Shipments
          1. Addresses are pulled from Quickbooks using a software called ShipGear into Worldship. Address lookup in Worldship is done with keyed import feature based off a Quickbooks Sales Number.

2. Tracking numbers are automatically imported back into Quickbooks with ShipGear software, but have to be exported out of Worldship and imported into 3dcart.

USPS Shipments
          1. We use Endicia / Galaxy Ship to ship USPS. Addresses are pulled from Quickbooks using MicroSoft Query that saves master file for all shipping stations to utilize. The address utilize the same keyed import feature with the Quickbook Sales Number.

2. Tracking numbers are exported to a CSV file and imported into 3dcart.

Ebay Orders

We utilize the File Exchange feature in Ebay to retrieve all orders that are "Paid but have not Shipped". This gives us the order details and billing information of the order.

We also have to run a similar report in PayPal to export the Ship-to information for these same orders.

Once we have both reports, we import them into excel. Through a series of adjustments (macros) the files are imported into Quickbooks utilizing the QImport software.

Orders are printed in Quickbooks and fulfilled / shipped.

UPS Shipments
          1. Addresses are pulled from Quickbooks using a software called ShipGear into Worldship. Address lookup in Worldship is done with keyed import feature based off a Quickbooks Sales Number.

2. Tracking numbers are automatically imported back into Quickbooks with ShipGear software, but have to be exported out of Worldship and imported into Ebay using FileExchange.

USPS Shipments
          1. We use Endicia / Galaxy Ship to ship USPS. Addresses are pulled from Quickbooks using MicroSoft Query that saves master file for all shipping stations to utilize. The address utilize the same keyed import feature with the Quickbook Sales Number.

2. Tracking numbers are exported to a CSV file, adjusted with an excel macro and imported into 3dcart.

I realize in typing these processes out, that they seem convoluted. However they have and do work.... just not the most efficient.

Also, I believe Quickbooks is "bottle-necking" proper work flow. As it does not have true CSR or Fulfillment capabilities. Its great for running sales reports, inventory management, billing and receiving.... just lacking in other very import areas for my company to move forward.

Thanks for the suggestions of ShipWorks. I will give them a call!

-Chad

Comment

ShipWorks would auto-download orders from eBay and 3DCart, print USPS or UPS labels from within the software, and then auto-send tracking numbers back to eBay and 3DCart, so it would drastically simplify your workflow.

It isn't a full fledged order manager though, for example if someone wants to get a refund or add an item to an order I have to go alter it in 3DCart, delete it in ShipWorks, and re-download from 3DCart.

Comment

cbsteven, how about handling back orders? Does ShipWorks do that?

I find that this is one of the most useful features of StoneEdge. Before getting it we had folders and folders of back orders especially around the holidays and keeping them straight was a nightmare. With StoneEdge we can easily fill back orders, create new corresponding orders, charge for these back orders and do refunds if need be.
              PO generation is also very easy with StoneEdge.

That said, we are still on an older version of SE, and not sure if we will cough up a lot more $$ to come up to date.

Comment

I don't really deal with backorders. ShipWorks offers a 30-day no-credit-card-required fully functional demo, so I would give it a try. However you can't trigger card refunds or authorizations or captures from within ShipWorks at all (although I could imagine a workaround for this if you are programming-inclined).

Comment

I've been using StoneEdge for the past 8 or so years and can't imagine running a business without it. Of course this depends on the type of business you run, but managing product feeds for the various engines, managing inventory, supporting multiple shipping companies with integrated label and postage creation, direct integration with Quickbooks for accounting, (and on and on) was made a lot easier with StoneEdge.

I will say that it's a quirky program and it takes time to get used to, but for what you get the price cannot be beat. Trust me, I've looked.
                  Chris
                  TC Life Safety
                  TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by tclifesafety View Post
                    I've been using StoneEdge for the past 8 or so years and can't imagine running a business without it. Of course this depends on the type of business you run, but managing product feeds for the various engines, managing inventory, supporting multiple shipping companies with integrated label and postage creation, direct integration with Quickbooks for accounting, (and on and on) was made a lot easier with StoneEdge.

I will say that it's a quirky program and it takes time to get used to, but for what you get the price cannot be beat. Trust me, I've looked.
                    I just had a great talk with a StoneEdge rep, and plan to discuss more with them at IRCE.

Thanks,
                    Chad

Comment

We also use and love StoneEdge. However note the the keywords in tclifesafety's comments above is:
                      it's a quirky program and it takes time to get used

Comment

We use StoneEdge as well. I don't love it, but haven't found anything else that does as much for the price. The few options I found that would be an improvement cost 10x more.

Comment

Have those of you using StoneEdge checked out their current pricing? Last rep I talked to they had skyrocketed and were going to force existing customers to upgrade.

The reasoning for the new pricing model was they were getting away from MS Access because of PCI compliance.

Comment

They're pricing has gone up, but you still can't touch any software that does what the Order Manager does for under $10k. Stone Edge is less than half that for the enterprise (SQL-based) edition.
                            Chris
                            TC Life Safety
                            TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by tclifesafety View Post
                              They're pricing has gone up, but you still can't touch any software that does what the Order Manager does for under $10k. Stone Edge is less than half that for the enterprise (SQL-based) edition.
                              Then my sales rep was on something when I talked to him. I was quoted over $8k base plus mod's to do what I wanted it to do with QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X