Address Verification Tools and the Best One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address Verification Tools and the Best One

We have previously tried several address verification plugins and they did not work. Do you know of any address verification plugins that work well with 3D Cart?

Hi! You tried the built in Address Verification plugin and it didn't work?

Address Verification - 3dcart App Store Plugins

Is it alright for me to ask what happened or didn't work? Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll gladly look into it for you.

Comment

Address Verification Blues

We tried Address Verification and it messed up the shopping cart from what I was told.

This was over a year ago and have there been any updates to the plugin since then.

Comment

I wouldnt touch an address verification tool with a 10 foot pole. The less errors a customer receives during checkout, the better chance of completing the order.

Comment

3DCart needs address verification post order placement. This way invalid addresses can still be caught easily and fixed in reasonable amount of time.

Comment

We use StoneEdge order Manager (Monsoon Commerce now), and it uses the USPS database for address verification. I can attest that this is a life saver. We catch so many bad addresses, it is not even funny anymore. UPS charges $12 for an address correction, and if sent through the post office the package might just disappear.
            rburton34 I will also not add an address verification pre-order completion. Too many things may confuse the customer, however it is a must post-order.

Comment

Currently, we use the Address Verification add-on. In the past, it caused problems. However, for the past few months, it appears to work well. We think requiring the 9 digit zip code, which it gives to the customer, causes less friction. Most customers would not think to automatically include it so they accept it when the add-on does it for them as well as correct any errors. We attempted to try the Addrexx app but they never responded to our inquiry.
              Luxlife

Comment

I started using the address verification plug-in about a month ago and haven't had any complaints from customers -- I was always getting addresses that wouldn't verify in ShipStation and some that just were wrong and went to bad addresses, so hopefully it will help with that. But there are some features I would love to see:

1. When one talks about requiring the nine-digit zip code, be careful -- if the customer doesn't use a dash, you won't get rates from USPS -- I see this is a bug, unfortunately 3dCart sees it as a postal service issue -- in the past, other carts have simply added code to add a dash if nine digits were read for US addresses -- easy fix.

2. Compare address to shipping method and alert the customer that they are using a PO box and using Fedex (or UPS) for shipping.
                Joe Arbogast
                http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Another feature to add is instead of blocking unrecognized addresses, which I image would cause a lot of lost sales, simply move mismatches to another status for review and correction.

Comment

Also we need address validation from the back end and for phone orders.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      Another feature to add is instead of blocking unrecognized addresses, which I image would cause a lot of lost sales, simply move mismatches to another status for review and correction.
                      You do have the option not to block bad addresses, allows the customer to continue with address as entered.
                      Joe Arbogast
                      http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Wow, you people must be processing TONS of orders each day. I have always copied the address and pasted it into Google for each order to see if it is valid. Yeah, it takes 10 seconds or so per order to do this. Are you really so busy that this would create a major problem? If this is a major time-suck, I can't imagine how you feel about phone calls from potential customers!

Comment

Scott McKirahan, 2 very negative and unhelpful responses in a row! Your credibility just took a nosedive. Maybe you should call it a day.

Comment

We use shipstation which links to 3dcart orders and then automatically pulls them into shipstation where we can choose between our shipment providers usps or ups. It will validate all addresses down to the unit/suite/apt. number and will alert you when the address is not valid. We do not get dinged with ups address correction fees which run about what $12.00 or so now per package. Crazy thing about even using ups world ship is it DOES NOT validate down to apt/unit number etc. We checked out a bunch of shipment fulfillment companies and many of them do not validate down to unit/apt. number. I checked out a bunch of them by signing up for the free trials and then would place an address in that I knew had an apt number associated with it and many of the programs out there would state that it was a valid shipment address when in fact it was not. Shipstation was easy to set up and would not be able to keep up with orders if we did not use it. Forget about copying and pasting, takes way too long and any type of volume in business and no way for you to keep up plus the errors and address problems not being validated would be an issue - we average about 50 orders per day but love shipstation!!!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ebeegirl; 03-25-2016, 09:06 AM. Reason: quick screenshot of shipstation

Comment

Scott McKirahan Your process may work well for you, but it's not easily scalable past a couple dozen orders per day. When you get into the hundreds of orders, this becomes a major time suck, pulling your and/or your staff away from more important duties.
                              Last edited by Alupis; 03-31-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X