Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use shipping rate comparison software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use shipping rate comparison software?

Hi all,

Is anyone out there using a software or website to do quick shipping rate comparisons for USPS vs. UPS (for example).

If we have a smaller order (a pound or two or three), we don't automatically know if it would be less expensive to ship Priority Mail or UPS Ground. A lot of factors come into play: is the customer's address a residential address? What is the delivery Zip Code? Etc.

We usually just take a quick guess and hope it's the least expensive option (it would be a real pain to go to USPS.com and UPS.com to find the rates). There must be a better and more accurate way though...right?

I've searched online and most of the resulting companies look a little funny...

Thanks in advance!
    -James

I also need to try to do something like this. I use Stone Edge Order Manager and I saw on their forums that it is possible to customize it so that it will do it for you, but it is a fairly complex process and I haven't tried yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JR123 View Post
      Hi all,

Is anyone out there using a software or website to do quick shipping rate comparisons for USPS vs. UPS (for example).

If we have a smaller order (a pound or two or three), we don't automatically know if it would be less expensive to ship Priority Mail or UPS Ground. A lot of factors come into play: is the customer's address a residential address? What is the delivery Zip Code? Etc.

We usually just take a quick guess and hope it's the least expensive option (it would be a real pain to go to USPS.com and UPS.com to find the rates). There must be a better and more accurate way though...right?

I've searched online and most of the resulting companies look a little funny...

Thanks in advance!
      -James

Shipworks does this

ShipWorks Shipping Software for Your Online Business

Comment

I'm actually looking into developing a RealBasic program using the 3DCart API to allow my clients to print shipping labels and pay postage for UPS and USPS (FedEx is a PIA to implement). I may include a Compare Rates button that will show all the values. Thanks for the idea.

I also have a web utility I use for testing out my shipping calculations. I could modify it. If I can get it to work, I'd be happy to share.
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

vswebdesign if you get your tool to work or need some assistance, I would gladly offer, I would like something like this for my stores owner.

Our store does not always attract the smartest clientele and they are always asking how much to ship to their location.

We offer FREE shipping within the US and it's territories on all purchases. In some instances the buyer wishes to upgrade. We currently offer USPS Priority Domestic and International also DHL, FedEx & UPS, the latter 3 carriers I have SLA's offering customers 30-40% off published rates which are displayed at checkout. Anything to make my bosses life easier would be appreciated.
          ZuluTimeZone.com
          Time Well Spent

Comment

Working...
          X