Stone Edge & Tracking numbers for Back Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Edge & Tracking numbers for Back Orders

I just realized that StoneEdge is not integrated with 3dcart to post more than one tracking number. So all this time I thought tracking numbers for back orders and re-ships are being posted, but alas, they are not.

We send shipment confirmations to customers with a link to the tracking page on 3dcart. If the tracking number is not posted to the order, the 3dcart page, returns an error.

If I manually split the order and add the tracking number to the order, the tracking works.

We used to send shipping e-mails that took the customer to the shippers web site (UPS, Fed-Ex or USPS), however I prefer sending them to our site to track packages.
    This new problem puts a kink in this. All tracking for back orders and re-ships give the customer an error which is not good.

Has anyone figured this out? I will add a feature request to modify the Stone Edge integration to allow for adding other tracking numbers. I don't care if they are assigned to certain products, I just want them in the order record so customers can see them, track them, and allow the tracking page to work with them.

If you have votes on User Voice here the link: Feature Requests: Top (100 ideas)
    Last edited by elightbox; 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM.

We had the 3dcart stone edge combination quite a while ago and I am sure there have been a bunch of changes in stone edge since. I do remember though that we were able to accomplish this with UPS Worldship as the mediator of sorts. I don't think we were able to make it work with Fedex or USPS.

Like I said it was quite a while ago, so it may be all different now.

Edit: I also remember that the order had to stay as processing in order for the new tracking #'s to be relayed through stone edge and in turn updated in 3dcart which was a pain to accomplish back then.
    Last edited by thecartdesigner; 01-22-2013, 07:41 PM.
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thanks.
      I will do some testing, although 3dcart only has one spot for the tracking number, unless you manually click SPLIT on one of the items when viewing the order on the admin panel.

I know that the order status has to change IN StoneEdge to trigger a status update. Since the order would have already had a status of Shipped, Shipping it again will not trigger a status update to be sent to 3dcart, but I digress, this is another obstacle to overcome.

Comment

I will try to find the documentation I used. I am sure its in a dust covered 2 year old box somewhere. I'll let you know if I find anything or if it was just my old brain playing make believe.
        TheCartDesigner.com
        Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
        100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Thank you for looking.

Comment

I'd love to know how to do this as well. It creates all kinds of confusion for our customers.
            Chris
            TC Life Safety
            TC Wireless

Comment

Yeah, can't do it now with 3dcart.

Comment

Haven't figured out how to do it either. I think as wcsjohn said, it is not do-able with the current 3dcart configuration. Keep asking for it, maybe it will be added to some list of fixes. Handling back order and re-ship tracking numbers through third party integration seems like a necessity to me.

Comment

We just don't worry about it. Customers almost never ask and if they do, it's easy enough to get the info from SEOM.

Comment

I was thinking of getting StoneEdge, and saw the question. (If I understand it correctly)
                    We currently use Shipworks and also send reorders, but I have Shipworks setup to send the shipping notification (Not 3dcart).
                    So when I reship an order, my customer gets a second notification with the new T#.
                    I would think the StoneEdge would also have the capability to email the customer directly, instead of having 3DCart email them?

On that note, StoneEdge...really $4K? Plus $500 for 3DCart integration???

My biggest thing I was looking at is the stock management, so when my stock goes below a certain value it will "auto generate" a stock/supplier order.
                    Can it do this?
                    Last edited by Muldrick82; 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Stone Edge is capable of sending e-mails with tracking numbers. Actually the e-mail feature is a huge stongsuit of SEOM. You can have unlimited templates with Auto Fill Tags to send to customers and vendors for every conceivable situation.
                      The back order tracking number is also uploaded to 3dcart. The problem is that 3dcart does not have a place for more than one tracking number unless you manually split the order. I am not sure if this do-able via an XML update which is what StoneEdge uses.
                      Stone Edge has an Auto Order Generator, but you have to manually run it, unless you program a custom macro. You can base this on a minimum order and a re-order points, or on a minimum order and sales history algorithm. Check the SEOM knowledge base: Stone Edge Knowledge Base

As far as StoneEdge, you get one shopping cart integration with the program. So $4000 only. Support and updates are included for the first year, however after that it runs $500-$1000/year depending on the plan.

Comment

Stone Edge does send out an email as soon as a tracking number is added. We create a new invoice for re-ships and backorders since we track inventory.

Comment

Working...
                        X