Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store Copy App?

Hello,

When using this app, can I just copy certain products or does it have to copy everything?

Also, can it move both from store 1 to store 2 and back from store 2 to store 1? What happens if a 3rd store is added to the mix?

Thanks,

Dave

It sounds like you're talking about the store copy paid service. I believe that's a one-time thing done by 3D Cart devs involving the copying of all your database files, images, etc. You would use it to clone your site.

If you just want to copy products, use the product export functions.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

No, I am talking about this App
      Store Copy | 3dcart App Store

DaveW
      Last edited by 3dcart-Henry; 07-10-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Well, I hate to complain because 3dcart is generally pretty good, but this is another worthless (to me) half explained "app" that you have to fight to get information about.

For future searchers, Dean was right, this is just the paid service to do a one time copy of stuff from store to store.

I really want a single admin panel that will power multiple storefronts. I understand that is a pretty big deal with limited market.

Assuming that is not possible, some sort of copy app (not a service) that would push certain products from store to store would be very valuable to me.

I have a set of products in one store that would probably sell in my other store as well, but they are pretty complex with a lot of options (based on templates), etc. A one time copy from store to store just creates a maintenance nightmare for me.

DaveW

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
          Well, I hate to complain because 3dcart is generally pretty good, but this is another worthless (to me) half explained "app" that you have to fight to get information about.

For future searchers, Dean was right, this is just the paid service to do a one time copy of stuff from store to store.

I really want a single admin panel that will power multiple storefronts. I understand that is a pretty big deal with limited market.

Assuming that is not possible, some sort of copy app (not a service) that would push certain products from store to store would be very valuable to me.

I have a set of products in one store that would probably sell in my other store as well, but they are pretty complex with a lot of options (based on templates), etc. A one time copy from store to store just creates a maintenance nightmare for me.

DaveW
          I apologize if the description of that App caused any confusion. The disclaimer when you try to order it does go into detail,

"I want a full site clone and I agree to overwrite any current data associated with my target store during the cloning process. This includes all orders, customers, design work, products, and settings."

In any case, if you're looking to sync just the STOCK then the Inventory Sync app would work, but for one central admin interface, I would go with Stone Edge or Ordoro.

Jimmy

Comment

Thanks for responding. The description could be better, but I am also desperately looking for a way to get multiple store fronts from one set of products on the web so I might read things that aren't there. :)

StoneEdge does not have this capability. I do not, repeat, do NOT, need to synch inventory QOH across sites. (StoneEdge would easily do this)

I need to sych the product listings themselves across websites.

There are very few carts that have multiple store fronts from one database, and those that do charge handsomely for it.

I would gladly pay quite a bit more than I currently do to have this ability. I am afraid that it eventually will cause me to have to leave 3d.:(

DaveW

Comment

Working...
            X