Ebay Integration Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Integration Problems

I've been trying to use the Ebay integration for nearly a month and haven't found a solution that meets my needs. I sell coffee. We offer our coffees with the advanced options of 3 different sizes, 2 different bag types and the choice of whole bean or ground. This results in 12 variations per coffee blend. Below are my problems with the eBay integration.

1) If I choose to NOT use Ebay variations the 3dCart integration will list all 12 variations as individual eBay listings. This would be fine BUT it lists all sizes at the same starting price. This would result in a 5lb bag of coffee being sold for $8 versus the $60 it would cost through our store.

2) Based on the above my only option is to create an eBay template for every variation and then remove every variation other than the one that corresponds with the listing template.

3) There is no way to edit the Title and other features associated with the item I'm listing. This results in very poor visibility in Amazon. I CAN edit the HTML listing template, but this only affects items within the listing NOT the listing Title on eBay. This means that the listing Title is just the blend name, size and price (from my drop down options.) What makes this worse is I want to start the auction at a lower price than the price on my store. I can do this, BUT the price from my store is in the listing Title on eBay.

4) If I choose to use eBay variations an error is thrown claiming there are duplicate variations (which there are not). This makes it impossible to list the items.

I am currently using the eBay sandbox. On top of the above problems I receive errors when trying to cancel or End the listings. I have submitted multiple support tickets with no satisfying resolution.

If anyone has suggestions on how I can make this work I would be very appreciative of suggestions.

Thanks!

For the variations you might consider listing each item as a separate inventory item and block then from view or your normal store front. You can then change the title and price of each one individually. It does defeat the purpose of having everything in one shopping cart provider. If you can afford the cost of Channel Advisor or one of the other all in one mega packages (which have lousy web stores) you have a lot more control over eBay and Amazon.
    3Dcart is a really basic minimum shopping cart - they do a lot of everything - nothing extremely well (except low price). If eBay and Amazon are major markets for you I would consider other solutions. If they are not then you have to throw away the box and start with a whole new way of thinking.
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
      For the variations you might consider listing each item as a separate inventory item and block then from view or your normal store front. You can then change the title and price of each one individually. It does defeat the purpose of having everything in one shopping cart provider. If you can afford the cost of Channel Advisor or one of the other all in one mega packages (which have lousy web stores) you have a lot more control over eBay and Amazon.
      3Dcart is a really basic minimum shopping cart - they do a lot of everything - nothing extremely well (except low price). If eBay and Amazon are major markets for you I would consider other solutions. If they are not then you have to throw away the box and start with a whole new way of thinking.
      Thanks for the response. I had tried what you suggested (creating new hidden items), but unfortunately 3dCart doesn't allow listing hidden items. It throws an XML error.

Currently eBay and Amazon are not major markets, but we are testing them out. When we first started selling online we tested out eBay, but we couldn't achieve profitable sales. It was more or less a way to expose the public to our coffees. Recently, we have had success with selling our coffees on eBay for a decent profit, so this may be a good avenue going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty View Post

Thanks for the response. I had tried what you suggested (creating new hidden items), but unfortunately 3dCart doesn't allow listing hidden items. It throws an XML error.
        If you put them into a hidden category and select hide from search that might get around the error and allow you to list them.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post

If you put them into a hidden category and select hide from search that might get around the error and allow you to list them.
          That will work, BUT the items still show in the sitemap.xml, so I would have duplicate content issues. I wish they would give us the ability to edit items as we list them such as title, price etc.

As it is now I'm building a new template for each coffee size, options, etc with a different starting and buy it now price. When I list a coffee I'll have to choose the appropriate template and option, then delete the other 11 options - frustrating, but the only way to do this atm. I am also creating unique listing_ebay.html templates to add pertinent information and keywords for eBay. This still doesn't change the eBay listing Title. I don't see a way to change that.

Comment

Working...
          X