Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endicia Questions

Hello,

I'm in the process of getting my 3Dcart site set up. I currently use x-cart and this is how I process an order:

I print an invoice after the order is received. I then log into stamps.com and enter the customer's name and address. I then print a 4 X 6 thermal label and slap it on the box.

I talked to someone at Endicia the other day and it sound like I could take out the step of typing in the customer's information if I switched to their system.

My question is, how does Endicia integrate with 3Dcart? In other words, once the order is received, what would I do to get the information to Endicia?

Thank you,
    David

Hi David!

A couple of different ways with Endicia:

While that invoice is on screen, you could highlight the entire address, press <Ctrl> + C and the whole address is automatically pasted into Endicia's "Dazzle" software (label printing software). Or, if you have multiple orders you can export an .xml file from 3dcart and import it as an address book into Endicia's Dazzle. You can then print labels in bulk. I believe there's also a way to export a file that automatically batch prints the labels, too! Open a ticket with tech support for answers on that function.

In any case, we use Endicia and LOVE it!

There is talk on the streets that the next version of 3dcart's store manager will have some label printing functionality built right in! Can't wait to see how that works as it may eliminate the need for any 3rd party postage service? ...we'll see.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

I downloaded and played the Dazzle a little bit. I will have to spend more time with it when I'm a little more awake!

I just realized that it only works with USPS (same as stamps.com). I would like to add UPS as an option. Is there a service that does more than USPS printing?

David

Comment

We use Endicia and also love it. But like EXRN I'd be interested in finding out if there is something similar for use with UPS.

Comment

There is talk on the streets that the next version of 3dcart's store manager will have some label printing functionality built right in! Can't wait to see how that works as it may eliminate the need for any 3rd party postage service? ...we'll see.
          This is definitely supposed to be in the next release, but I take it as meaning you can simply print address labels and not the postage. If 3DC went as far as to offer postage printing similar to Endicia that would be a major undertaking far off from their core strengths. Not to mention all of the advanced features from Endicia like free delivery confirmation for Priority Mail, 3rd party insurance, bulk acceptance scans, etc. If 3DC did go this route it would certainly put them way ahead of anything I have seen offered with another cart.

We use Endicia and also love it. But like EXRN I'd be interested in finding out if there is something similar for use with UPS.
          I am not sure how it works but the Platinum Shipper from Endicia integrates with UPS Worldship. It doesn't look like full integration but could be worth looking at.

Comment

Has anyone found a batch label printing solution that works with 3dCart? 3DC support says there is no way to do it in the cart itself, and manually printing hundreds of labels a day isn't an option for my client. It would need to work with FedEx/USPS/UPS.

Comment

Try: TrueSHip, it integrates with 3dCart very well, and you can print UPS and now USPS labels from it.
              ----------------------------
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by sc123 View Post
                Has anyone found a batch label printing solution that works with 3dCart? 3DC support says there is no way to do it in the cart itself, and manually printing hundreds of labels a day isn't an option for my client. It would need to work with FedEx/USPS/UPS.
                Someone shipping hundreds of orders per day should also consider using an order management system that could solve their label printing problems and also save them a lot of time on other daily tasks.

Comment

Working...
                X