Customer: Additional Field(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer: Additional Field(s)

Is there anyway to echo/print the content of the Additional Field boxes, in the Customer section, on a given page.

e.g. the top of the page where it says:

Hello, John Doe | Logout

I would like to have content from the Additional Field(s) displayed there as well, are there any "tokens" that will pull this information?

e.g. [username] - [additional_field3]

Thank you.

The code you need is indeed [additional_field3], but it only works on /myaccount.asp

Comment

Good morning! I was thinking about this last night and just tested this morning. You can have that code anywhere in the frame as long as it is between the following two tags:

HTML Code:
      <!--START: username-->[additional_field3]<!--END: username-->

Comment

Originally posted by ProRetail View Post
        You can have that code anywhere in the frame
        Right, but it will still only display on the myaccount.asp page correct?

Comment

No. If it is within those tags you will see it on every page.

Comment

Hmm, for me the only place that it displays what is entered in the 'Additional Field' is on the myaccount page, everywhere else it just displays [additional_field3]

af3.jpg

dw2.jpg

about.jpg

my-account.jpg

Comment

Ugh. I'm a terrible person. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up. I swear I tested it on the homepage, but I must not have. If I think of another solution I will definitely let you know.

Comment

If you are feeling very industrious you can capture the data (perhaps by opening a hidden iframe to the account page) and then write it to a cookie, and then on each page reload pull it from the cookie.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ject-in-cookie

On a side note I wish they would make all fields work on all pages... there are so many times I want some bit of data that does not work on the page i'm working with!

Comment

Originally posted by ProRetail View Post
                  I'm a terrible person.
                  No you're not, it happens to everyone. I appreciate you trying.

@NMTEACO Thanks, yeah I have been turning to iframes, as the workaround for most of the things I want that 3D cart doesn't offer. In this case, being able to post content from the Additional Field(s) would have been a nice way to display personalised content on the site that only the user would see. However I was originally hoping i could use this to give the site more intelligence about who was logged in. Specifically if they were a wholesaler or not. To do that I ended up creating a dummy wholesale product, only visible to "price level 2." I applied a blank product page template, and the only content for the product was some javascript that will run a function on a parent page, in the description. On the site frame, I coded a hidden iframe linking to that product. If the logged in user is a wholesaler, the product is 'visible' and the javascript will run. If they are not logged in, or not a wholsaler, nothing happens. (I also had to make the script smart enough to know if itself is in an iframe... otherwise it would open a continuous loop of iframes forever.)

I like 3Dcart it has a lot of nice features, but many of the, what I would consider basic functions that it is missing, can be quite frustrating. In these cases you just have to get really creative.

Comment

Thats a great work around.

Comment

Working...
                    X