Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreightQuote Questions

Hi,

Does anyone use the FreightQuote plugin? I have some questions on it that 3dcart can't seem to answer.

1. Does freightquote plugin allow ltl shipments to track in 3dcart (http://url.3dcartstores.com/shiptrac..._tracking_here) without giving the following error: The tracking system returned the following error : The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later

That is does freight quote give additional ltl freight tracking capability to 3dcart above the standard carriers of UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.?

2. Does freightquote 3dcart plugin let you limit which carriers you offer or display to the customers?

3. Does freightquote offer ABF quotes?

4. Would anyone be willing to share their store url that has freightquote 3dcart plugin installed for me to view from a customers perspective?

Thanks!
    Shawn

I use the freightquote integration on one of our sites: mpttires.com

It is very nice in that it allows the customers to quote their own freight which is the big time saver. However, it is simply a quoting integration.

FQ Does not keep reference of the quote, so once an order is placed we are still manually creating the order in FQ.

We can select who our customers are quoted by telling our FQ rep what carriers we do want to see or not to see.

FQ initially will not understand why they are getting a high number of quotes, and very few orders until you explain it to them.

What amazes me is that there is a FQ integration, but 3d cannot integrate with UPS Freight which is already part of the UPS API........makes no sense.

The one issue you may have is customers do not know who works well in your logistics chain. The customer may choose carrier A, when you know carrier B is so much better and $3 difference in price. In that case, we use our terms of service to let the customer know the quoted price will be the same, but no guarantee on the carrier.

Cheers,

Scott

Comment

Thank you Scott! A couple questions for you.

1. I don't see ABF getting quoted, did you ask freight quote to take them out or do they just not support them?
      2. If someone picks a freight carrier on your site like conway, or old dominion or saia or someone and you ship through that carrier and you upload that ltl tracking into your order on 3dcart, does it track properly in 3dcart or does it just give the tracking number can't be found error?

Thank you,
      Shawn

Comment

Working...
      X