Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StoneEdge. Communique stopped working with latest Windows 10 update

Communique and Windows 10
    Last edited by elightbox; 12-07-2015, 07:16 PM. Reason: Issue resolved.

I was going to ask if anyone had upgraded to 10 and was having any issues. I get prompted to upgrade but I'm just a little leery about doing it because I've not had any feedback from anyone on issues/problems, pros, cons....

Comment

Last I heard, StoneEdge was not supporting Windows 10. I wont upgrade until they officially support it.

Comment

We use SE 5.938 and it works just fine with windows 10. No change from 7. We have office 13.
        We had an issue with Communique after the Windows10 SP1 upgrade, it turned out that the Anti Virus needed upgrading, and that fixed the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
          I was going to ask if anyone had upgraded to 10 and was having any issues. I get prompted to upgrade but I'm just a little leery about doing it because I've not had any feedback from anyone on issues/problems, pros, cons....

We tried to upgrade one of our newest computers. It was an ASUS that was less than a week old with windows 8.1. It went to a black screen during the process and never recovered from the black screen. The computer had no life and none of the drives, ports, etc would work. We could not get anything on it to ever operate again. We will not try upgrading again and would only consider windows 10 if purchasing a new computer that already had it installed. However, that was just our experience and I am sure the install works fine for some people.

Just make sure you try it on a computer you don't really need.

Rod
          www.Bead3.com

Comment

I don't have time to mess with whatever it's going to hink up and windoze always messes something up it seems. I keep getting nagged I can upgrade for free and I keep dismissing it because I'm just not sure about windows 10. I hated 8.1 and rarely use that computer now unless I absolutely HAVE to. Think I'll stay where I am although I'm hearing rumors it's going to upgrade on it's own and if it does, I'll have a fit. You'll probably hear it from Florida when if happens LOL

Comment

Toobusy Rod Since I mentioned Windows10, here I feel responsible to come to its defense. The problem I had turned out to be due to Anti Virus software, not Windows.

I believe Microsoft has scored a perfect Home Run with this Windows Version. We have upgraded three computers and cannot be happier. I have used all versions from 98, through ME, Vista, XP, and Lastly Windows 7. Tried 8, and switched back to 7. Windows 10 is by far the best, most polished and stable version.

I did my homework before upgrading. There are some settings you need to disable, like allowing windows to send updates from your computer to other computers around the world (peer to peer), and also disable Auto Restart after updates. Always do a backup before any major system change.

Comment

Thanks, elightbox! Your insights into updating to Windows 10 are very much appreciated. If you make any other discoveries, even if they don't relate directly to 3dcart, please post them. I hope the admin won't object, because this info would be very helpful to us all.

Comment

I think I'll wait until after the holidays....IF it can go wrong, usually here it DOES LOL

Comment

I heard that! Murphy is watching for any opportunity to zing us.

Comment

One more thing to fix after installing Windows 10.
                      Windows will default to "Let Windows manage my default printer. Last printer used will become default" You have to un-check that in settings.

It took me a while to figure this out. My invoices kept printing on the Zebra label printer. I would fix it, and the next time I print invoices, the Zebra would fire up.

Of course I printing shipping labels in between, and windows was changing my default printer.

Comment

Working...
                      X