Klaviyo is spamming us with unrequested emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klaviyo is spamming us with unrequested emails

Out of the blue, I get the following emails: (I substituted private information with xxxxx's)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On 2016-01-05 13:30:00 UTC, Patrick O'Loughlin <[email protected]> wrote:

"xxxxxxxxxxx" / Klaviyo’s Easy Integration with 3D Cart
    Hi "xxxxxxxxx" Team,
    Ecommerce companies like "xxxxxxxxxxxxx" have trouble utilizing their customer data from 3D Cart to send targeted emails based on behavior.Are you open to setting up a time to learn how Klaviyo can make this easier?

Best,
    Patrick
    www.klaviyo.com

P.S. If nothing else, I created a best-practices guide to help you easily send the top-performing emails that ecommerce companies are sending. Check it out here: http://slides.klaviyo.com/best-pract...about-products
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then after I ignore him for a couple of days, I get another one:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Re: "xxxxxxxxxxx" / Klaviyo’s Easy Integration with 3D Cart

Hi "xxxxxxxxx" Team,

Tracking email-generated revenue is tough. Klaviyo makes it easy.

See how much money email should be making here: "xxxxxxxxxxx link" ROI Calculator.

Best,
    Patrick
    www.klaviyo.com
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not sign up for emails from this group and I want to know why one of 3dCart's "partners" is spamming 3dCarts clientele. They didn't get our email address directly from 3dCart (they didn't send it to the email address we have on file for 3dC, but they picked a generic email address in our domain name and it's coming through to us). Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone out there that might be considering business with these people, they don't have the best business practices out there. :(

I have replied back to them and asked them to stop spamming us with emails. I told them I'd report their email abuse to their domain hosting company if I get another one from them after requesting they stop.

This is the second time something like this has occurred.

http://forums.3dcart.com/forum/3dcar...iva-newsletter

3dCart does not sell, distribute, or lend their customer list to 3rd parties. These guys are figuring out how to contact you via automated script and websites like www.builtwith.com (although I'm unsure how they got my email address, I'm not the whois contact...).

Can someone at 3dCart follow-up with this company and shut this down? Unsolicited emails can carry a significant fine (up to $16,000 per unsolicited email).

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

3dCart should remove them from the Apps list and not allow any further integrations. What a shady company Klaviyo is...

3dcart-Alex 3dcart-Carlos 3dcart-Henry 3dcart-Geronimo
    Last edited by Alupis; 01-08-2016, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Hi all,

I've forwarded this to the gentleman in charge of our partner relationships and let him have a look at this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Comment

As I noted in my original post, I had replied to their emails. Here's the text from my email:
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 10:22 AM, "xxxxxxxxx"> wrote:
        STOP SPAMMING US! I didn't request any information from your company and if I get another email, I'll report you to 3dCart for harassing their customers and I'll also report you to your domain hosting company for email abuse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Today, I received this reply:
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        This isn't spam - I apologise for any inconvenience I've caused. My job is to reach out to companies that could benefit from our product to see if you're interested.
        I will stop any further efforts to pursue that goal.

Thank you,
        Patrick
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        http://forums.3dcart.com/core/create-content/text/I still believe that unrequested email is SPAM and I hope this guy is telling the truth. I don't want any more emails from them.

Comment

3dcart-Henry Thank you!

Comment

Klaviyo is actually one of the more powerful and a very good email marketing system, you guys may want to give it a try. It can do many things to increase revenue! it can handle automated abandon carts and a bunch of other targeted email stuff. It is a little pricey, but you will certainly get a ROI . WE are setting it up in our shopify store later this week , and I have had it on my 3dcart store for a few months now.

Comment

See also: http://builtwith.com/removals
              - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Working...
              X