Evaluating Ads and Add-ins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluating Ads and Add-ins

Lately I've gotten some good tools on evaluating ads that I'm using and I've come across a great abandoned cart program (abandonaid) -- and i'm wondering how others evaluate the effectiveness of these types of ads and solutions.

I have noticed that most of the "recovered" carts that AbandonAid reports (and thus charges me for) are repeat customers. So was it worth paying for this recovery charge? Would the customer have come back anyway?

Similarly I have customers who make purchases coming in from ad sources, Google, Bing, Facebook, etc. They are searching for what they normally order or our store name and clicking the ad rather than directly coming to the store. how valuable were those click costs? Would have they have come back otherwise through organic links or remembering our URL?

There is a twist to our store is that there is another store out there with a name similar to ours that started up a few years ago, so there is confusion among customers who find us (or them) through searches.

Just thoughts for discussion.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Hi Joe,
    Just at thought: For the store name search ad I would cancel that because your store comes up on the top anyway. Make an ad for your company with an exact match keyword of your competitors store name.
    Peter

Comment

Working...
    X