Amazon Inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Inventory

I am looking to automate our amazon inventory. Has anyone done this using a scheduled export to ftp every hour? If so could you explain how to set this up on the amazon side and how to set up the 3dcart export sheet. Thanks!

MichaelB - i'm looking to do the same thing. In my case I'm only listing a very limited number of items on Amazon and the prices are different than on our storefront -- but enough items that it makes managing inventory on Amazon difficult to keep up with. I'm working on a custom export that you can filter by using an extra field to define what items are listed on Amazon and also using an Extra Price field for our Amazon price, and then of course exporting the stock levels. I think then I can more easily compare stock levels -- not sure if I can apply the data to the Amazon inventory loader template to import stock levels. Datafeedwatch has an Amazon feed that I'm going to be looking at as well. I was also looking at Ecomdash -- but that's a bit more than I wanted to pay for just handling inventory.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

MichaelB -- I have come up with a system - albeit manual for updating my amazon inventory. Simple 3dcart Export, change a couple of headers and then import into Amazon.
      Joe Arbogast

Comment

I wondered if anyone at 3dCart (i.e., 3dcart-Carlos, 3dcart-Alex ) could address this issue -- I could create a UserVoice entry, but I'm not sure if that is just not some place where the request would go and die.

I don't quite understand why when an Amazon order is marked as shipped (seller fulfilled) the inventory is not subtracted from the current amount. The order comes through as does any order on our 3dCart platform, the cart correctly marks the product as "on hold" -- but yet when the order is shipped, the only thing that happens is the "on hold" is removed.

Now maybe there are other circumstances or ways other stores do business that make sense for this to happen this way, and if so please enlighten me. It just doesn't make sense that it seems the inventory is somehow being accessed by placing the item on hold but yet does nothing to the remaining balance. If you have a number of Amazon orders, the process of manually updating inventory for each order is quite time consuming.,
        Joe Arbogast

Comment

Hey Birdsafe we've actually been working on this here at 3dcart where we can add a setting to the admin interface to allow inventory to be deducted when the amazon order comes in. We can go ahead and add that for you. If you'd like it, please let me know!

Comment

3dcart-Victor is this coming in a future update, or do we have to request it

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcart-Victor View Post
              Hey Birdsafe we've actually been working on this here at 3dcart where we can add a setting to the admin interface to allow inventory to be deducted when the amazon order comes in. We can go ahead and add that for you. If you'd like it, please let me know!
              3dcart-Victor -- yes, I would like have that added -- would save me a great amount of time. Thanks!
              Joe Arbogast

Comment

Birdsafe No problem! I'll have it installed between today or early tomorrow! elightbox I can get the setting added to your admin interface as well if you'd like.

Comment

I want it, too. bigandtalldirect.com Just launched on Amazon. I have other issues too like why ShippingEasy sometimes brings in the 3dcart/Amazon order and sometimes does not...but that's for another day. If we could get the inventory decrements, that would be very very nice. Let me know where this switch would be on the admin interface 3dcart-Victor

More importantly, when someone buys on 3dCart, will you also decrement the inventory on the Amazon side? Now THAT would be something!

Comment

3dcart-Victor Yes Please.

Comment

Hey guys, quick update. Our developers are undergoing a final code review of the setting I mentioned and it will be installed shortly after. Version 7.4 has begun rolling out and the finalized version of this setting will be included with that update. I could get it installed quicker if needed, but I do recommend allowing the final code review before installation.

Comment

3dcart-Victor -- thanks - -just noticed that I have been updated to 7.4 -- and checking the Amazon module I see the new checkbox "Deduct Inventory on Shipped Orders" -- I'm assuming that is what the new implementation is.
                        Joe Arbogast

Comment

3dcart-Victor -- just a note on this -- the inventory tracking is a bit different for Amazon orders - not sure if it is by design or why it would be, and whether or not it can be changed, but one must be aware that inventory is NOT deducted when the order is placed, only when it is shipped, unlike regular store front orders.

Example: if I have 10 of an item and an amazon order comes through for 4 of them -- the store will show 10 in stock and 4 on hold -- as opposed to if the same order came through the 3dCart store front it would show as 6 in stock and 4 on hold. Now when either order is shipped, inventory is correctly set at 6. but this creates two problems that one must deal with:

1. If I have four of an item and an amazon order takes all four -- my customers on my store front still think there are 4 in stock when there are not. Depending on whether or not you allowe backorders, this can create a problem in fulfilling orders.

2. When checking inventory for re-order purposes from my vendors, any outstanding Amazon orders will not be reflected -- my store is telling me that I have more than I really have. Only after the Amazon orders are all shipped is inventory correct.
                          Joe Arbogast

Comment

I'm still on 7.3. So, I guess this will deduct Amazon sales...now how can we update new inventory received on Amazon after we update 3dcart? Does 7.4 detect a change and feed back the quantities?

Comment

I sure wish the inventory control went both ways. I have set up a system to flag those items that I list on Amazon and create an export file with current inventory and upload it to Amazon daily or every other day.
                              Joe Arbogast

Comment

Working...
                              X