ShipStation Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShipStation Stopped Working

Anyone else using ShipStation? They made a change to their API call yesterday, broke the connection and are now saying i'ts a 3dCart problem and that it should be fixed "within a few weeks" So I asked them "How am I supposed to import orders in the meantime"? "Contact 3dCart."

Not happy -- may have to move to another shipping provider today.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Birdsafe Do you have a support ticket already opened for this issue? If so, could you private it message it to me? Our developers are currently working on this at this moment. Anyone else who reads this and is having issues, feel free to PM me any open tickets so I can make sure they get handled.

Comment

Shipstation told me the same thing. Had to import our orders in manually this morning.

Comment

shopgirltx If you have a ticket, could you Private Message it to me? Our developers are working on applying a fix to stores affected by this issue.

Comment

3dcart-Victor
          We got an email from 3dcart support saying that they had fixed it. Still doesn't work so I guess shipstation has to fix something now.

Comment

Still not working. Shipstation says it is a 3dcart issue. 3dcart says it's fixed. I am on a trial for another shipping solution and the orders cannot import properly into it either. A few import and then it stops and no more orders will import. Wish someone would fix it. Exporting and importing manually defeats the purpose of a shipping solution and also leads to a high possibility of shipping an order twice or missing shipping an order.

Comment

shopgirltx -- what trial are you using? Is this problem affecting all third-party platforms?
              Joe Arbogast

Comment

Victor - HET-999-69865 at first in Aug. 3dcart told us we were the only ones affected which simply isn't logical - yesterday shipstation tells us all 3dcart platforms are down between the 2 - actually crashed this past Wed. at about 2pm EDT just prior to UPS picking up packages here. We are beyond frustrated and now told again from 3dcart that this will be fixed with the next update? I would love to get some tech guys out into the world of filling, packing, shipping orders without this integration. Are tech folks leaving 3dcart? I state this since the past 6 months, I'm getting that uneasy feeling in my gut and we've used 3dcart for many years! The old API we had no issues - the new REST API has been anything but stable and we get the feeling that no one really knows what to do and just keeps pushing this issue down the road.
                Last edited by ebeegirl; 09-16-2016, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Birdsafe only way to import orders from 3dcart to shipstation is via . csv file which you have to set up and play around with for it to import half way ok - and you have to do this manually of course throughout the day. Now to export tracking info back into 3dcart forget about it since that has never been accomplished on our end and we have to post back tracking and ship dates manually. Think about doing this on 50 orders per day and you'll understand how ticked off we are!

Comment

I'm looking at doing this for 30 orders a day. Is there any shipping platform working with 3dCart now?
                    Joe Arbogast

Comment

when we were down prior - all other platforms were working except Shiprush. We tried ordercup, shippingeasy, odoro, etc. all of them were working fine - only issue is they do not validate down to apt./suite level even though these other platforms will state they do, they do not. We placed addresses into these other platforms with addresses we knew needed an apt. number or suite # and these other platforms would tell us the addresses were valid when in fact they were not. This would create lost packages, address correction fees at $13.00 per address from fed ex or ups. All I know is thi is insane! Trying to copy and past some tracking numbers back into 3dcart and also looking at different options which does not include using another shipping platform

Comment

I saw your post about address correction fees a few weeks ago and am amazed -- I looked at my Fedex account and have had none for the past 6 months -- it's never been an issue -- perhaps it because of using ShipStation. -- I would like to keep using ShipStation, but if another platform is working I'll have to move over the weekend.
                        Joe Arbogast

Comment

We are on a trial with shipping easy, but it is having issues too. It was able to pull in about 10 orders, then it skipped 12 and pulled in 1 order, then it skipped another 4 and pulled in one order, etc. We also have a custom app that we use to put orders into our inventory management program and that is just getting errors and will not work either. Obviously it is problem with 3dcart API. Waiting more than a few hours to get this fixed is a huge issue. Yes, we have had these issues with the REST API before. I agree that having to manually export and import into a shipping app is ridiculous and error prone and, although we have imported tracking before, it does not work well and almost takes more time than putting in the orders one at a time. I can't imagine what Monday is going to be like if this is still broken. I feel your pain :/

Comment

Hey guys, wanted to give you an update on this issue. Apparently, the original issue had two components, of which we released a fix for the first of the two. We're coordinating with ShipStation now and we hope to have the issue resolved ASAP. I'll also make sure to give updates as I get them from our developers.

Comment

Victor - this is what we were told a month ago - then after 8 days of being completely down a fix came through and took 4 mins for orders to be imported at shipstation. Doesn't sound like a lot of time but when you are running around and clicking update for an order needing to hit the ups truck for pickup - not good. Been down again now 2 days so we are very skeptical that someone knows what the issue is - we need to go back to the SOAP API as no issues for years using that. Unable to run a business smoothly as I am updating shipment status manually again and triple checking we are not double shipping folks, or even missing orders. not able to describe the chaos unless you can actually witness the process a business has to go through when this happens - frustration is an understatement. We get an email that a fix will be in the next update - I have a question in to support to "when is the next update"? as this is what we were told 5 weeks ago!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X