Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Restrictive Shipping App Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrictive Shipping App Change

There has been a MAJOR change in how the restrictive shipping app works. Now if you have Product A that only ships Next Day and Product B that only ships Ground in the same cart, it will show BOTH options as a shipping method; not an error message that says no options available.

I thought I would post something here as I wasn't told of this change and figured others may not have either. This change doesn't make any sense to me. I ended up losing money on several orders before it was brought to my attention.

Maybe it's a bug and not a feature change. Consider opening a support ticket so it can get fixed.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Nope. Not a bug. I only wrote this after going through the whole ticket thing.

Comment

Hey guys, Just wanted to let you know that we have our developers currently looking into this. I don't have a general ETA at this time, but as soon as I get more information I'll make sure to give an update!

Comment

3dcart-Victor I am going to purchase this add-on but I want clarification on this. The functionality AmagArtwork described above is echoed in the KB article for Restrictive Shipping:

However, if both Product A and Product B are on the order, the software will not be able to favor one method over the other and will display them both.
          What's the final word on this? Bug, or intended functionality? Thanks.

Comment

DeanP We added an option in the shipping setting area so merchants can toggle whether they want the error to display or all the available methods.

Comment

That's great news. Unfortunately though I had to cancel the order for that app because it doesn't work with product options :(

Comment

3dcart-William Where is the option setting so that I can go back to using the product that I PAID for?!

Comment

AmagArtwork Once you have the app enabled under the shipping settings area in the store you will see an option labeled,"Bypass shipping restriction when no common methods are available". When this new setting is ON, the cart will display both shipping methods. When it is OFF, the cart will display the regular shipping error message.

Comment

Once again 3DCart has changed something in their code that has SCREWED me. Since we started using 3DCart years ago, we've been using multiple "by value" custom shipping options for our free shipping levels based on customer group. This was used in conjunction with the restrictive shipping app due to some products not being part of our free shipping program.

In the last 2 weeks this broke. Now 3DCart is saying that it never should have worked that way; the Restrictive Shipping app will only work if there is only 1 "by value" custom shipping option. Then WHY was it working for 3 YEARS?!

If you use the Restrictive Shipping app and multiple custom shipping options, I'd suggest checking them out to make sure they are working as you expect them to.

GonzaloGil I'd love to have a chat about my frustration with how your company seems to be run.

Comment

I have an open ticket for this same issue. We've been using it fine and all of the sudden it stopped working when adding a product with multiple options ie: If you add 1 hat with the white option and then the same hat in the yesllowoption, it will not display shipping options. Unfortunately it was brought to our attention by a regular customer trying to place a regular order. I'll point mysupport contact to this thread...

Comment

They just got ours working again. Yours as well?

Comment

I haven't seen it working on our site yet.

Comment

I thought I'd update here for posterity sake. The developers have come back to say what I've been doing for several years (using multiple custom shipping options of the same type) does not work and will not be changed to work that way.

I had been using Custom Shipping - By Value for my free shipping at different levels based on the customer group. For example, people not set into a customer group pay full price for products get free shipping all the time. Another group gets discounted prices on products, but only gets free shipping if over $500 is spent. Just this breaks the restrictive shipping app and I have quite a few more groups/settings.

I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

Comment

Working...
                            X